Ricky Gervais XFM Shows With Karl & Steve.

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
Just listening to them again from Series 1. Forgot quite a lot of it. Anyway it has been class going over them again and hearing some of Karl’s stories. Particularly about his Aunty Nora (Split Tennis Ball)

Anyone else listened to them all. The first ever episode to the last is on youtube, great for when your pottering in the house.

Listening to the one you just posted. Also just found the bit where Karl talks about his dad nicking from the telephone box in their village in Wales.
His Dad sounds class. Love the one where he’s taking a bus full of ‘div kids’ to Blackpool, one starts playing up so he pulls over and puts him in a wheely bin 😁
I go through XFM, Ricky Gervais Show and the Guide To's about once a year. Love them. They don't half make a long drive go quick.
Decorating and shit for me. Turns something mundane into being really enjoyable

Last edited:
His Dad sounds class. Love the one where he’s taking a bus full of ‘div kids’ to Blackpool, one starts playing up so he pulls over and puts him in a wheely bin 😁

Decorating and shit for me. Turns something mundane into being really enjoyable
I think it's a shame they won't do anymore and I don't think they ever will.

It wouldn't be IMO. The 3 of them just sitting there chatting shite churns out it's own funny moments.

Ricky will think he's too big for it now but I reckon Karl and Steve would take the payday.

Karl's become an actor since then, and Ricky Gervais isn't funny anymore. It wouldn't work. It started getting shit towards the end of the podcasts when they started to regurgitate stuff from the XFM shows.

I think it's a shame they won't do anymore and I don't think they ever will.
Nah. What made it good was Karl’s Naivety and original stories. They didn’t really have to do anything. He’s done loads since then and he’s told all his stories. He was in his 20s back then and isn’t far off 50 now. It wouldn’t be the same and best left alone.
Karl's become an actor since then, and Ricky Gervais isn't funny anymore. It wouldn't work. It started getting shit towards the end of the podcasts when they started to regurgitate stuff from the XFM shows.
He’s grown up and seen the world. Really he’s changed his opinion and probably seen more of the world than Ricky & Steve now.

Last edited:
Nah. What made it good was Karl’s Naivety and original stories. They didn’t really have to do anything. He’s done loads since then and he’s told all his stories. He was in his 20s back then and isn’t far off 50 now. It wouldn’t be the same and best left alone.

He’s grown up and seen the world. Really he’s changed his opinion and probably seen more of the world than Ricky & Steve now.
Yet people listen to the same stories on the same podcasts over and over again?! It's been 10 years. They'd have loads to talk about IMO and I'm sure plenty of funny things will have happened to them in that time.

The wherewhywhen website that was hosting the XFM podcasts no longer appears to be doing so, was listening to them on it 2 days ago but now just says Nothing found.

Just listening to them again from Series 1. Forgot quite a lot of it. Anyway it has been class going over them again and hearing some of Karl’s stories. Particularly about his Aunty Nora (Split Tennis Ball)

Anyone else listened to them all. The first ever episode to the last is on youtube, great for when your pottering in the house.
Listened to all of them and regularly go back to the ‘guide to’ audiobooks. Very funny at the time.
Towards the the second series of idiot abroad it all seemed a bit forced though.

Back