Rhys Walsh - new signing

He wasn’t Jack for a good while after he came here . I thought he was shit 😂
To be fair to you marra a few did -young uns need a run of games .Ba for me is another -in fact in my humble probably needs our backing more than Jack Clarke -Ba looks like a total “ confidence “ young lad -really hope he doesn’t get dropped Sat as I think he too will come good if he is shown faith .
He seems like he ( Jack ) is happy here -if he does move for big bucks I really hope for him he kicks on -sometimes a club just fits a player .Great to watch is Clarkey

All the while we plod around in the championship and periodically get stuffed by a Premier League team in a cup.
Now you say it like that, I agree! We’ve finished above the bottom 6 of the top division 10 times since 1956. I for one am absolutely f**king fuming that our owner isn’t throwing millions at players and putting the club into huge debt, so that we can fight our way through the FFP points deduction and fines, whilst we try and retake our rightful place as relegation fodder in the Premier League, and that he has decided to try a different way of doing it at last. What a total f**king cockwomble!

I assume you mean young Tommy? I saw him for the first time at Gillingham, and it was like watching a clone - same hair, same style, all right foot but playing on the left, he’s a cracking young player. This is the ideal process for “the model”. Sell Clarke in the summer for £20-25m, start playing Watson, this Irish lad replaces Watson in the younger age group. What we get out of the Clarke transfer fee gets used to up our summer transfer fees from £1-2m to £3-4m.
Based on his performance the other night, Watson is way off Clarke levels and not ready for the first team imo. He has a lot of potential though.

Based on his performance the other night, Watson is way off Clarke levels and not ready for the first team imo. He has a lot of potential though.
He’s a young lad so he’ll be inconsistent. I saw him at Gillingham and I’d have put him straight in the first team squad based on that performance.

I could simply reply - Based on his performances in his first few months with us in League One, Clarke looked way off McGeady levels and not ready for the first team. He showed a lot of potential though. The rest is history, as they say.
Or, we’ve had one full season in the Championship & had our highest finish in the English pyramid for 7 years.

Not sure how anyone can plod around once.
Well said 👍

Last edited:
Now you say it like that, I agree! We’ve finished above the bottom 6 of the top division 10 times since 1956. I for one am absolutely f**king fuming that our owner isn’t throwing millions at players and putting the club into huge debt, so that we can fight our way through the FFP points deduction and fines, whilst we try and retake our rightful place as relegation fodder in the Premier League, and that he has decided to try a different way of doing it at last. What a total f**king cockwomble!
Why do you think buying a player for a couple of million will get you a points deduction and fine?

Why do you think buying a player for a couple of million will get you a points deduction and fine?
it's about bigger picture. we will have budgets for the financial year.
We may have other opportunities lined up for the summer window which offer better value long term.
a couple of million may be the difference in getting those over the line
This is a long term, sustainable project as the owners have stated
They won't piss millions in the wind just to keep a few moaning keyboard warriors happy

it's about bigger picture. we will have budgets for the financial year.
We may have other opportunities lined up for the summer window which offer better value long term.
a couple of million may be the difference in getting those over the line
This is a long term, sustainable project as the owners have stated
They won't piss millions in the wind just to keep a few moaning keyboard warriors happy
Who is on about pissing millions in the wind?

There is a massive flaw in this model. What if the players don't 'progress' as we thought? Watson looks canny, but he is no jack
What if we spend money on a player and they are shit? It can go wrong both ways if we are being pessimistic.

But at least then if the youth prospect fails we have money to find better

I think alot has been made about the Swindon game (not necessarily meaning your comment but seen a few on here and social media).

It was a poor game but he has performed a lot better against better sides

What if we spend money on a player and they are shit? It can go wrong both ways if we are being pessimistic.

But at least then if the youth prospect fails we have money to find better
You are right. Everything is a gamble. Hopefully this data driven way of doing things can find us more gems.Some of these younguns have cost money, so if they don't work, we are still wasting money

You are right. Everything is a gamble. Hopefully this data driven way of doing things can find us more gems.Some of these younguns have cost money, so if they don't work, we are still wasting money
Not necessarily.

Jewi could follow Lihadji out the door of making limited to no splash here whilst garnering the club a profit.

Likes of Ba were signed for such reasonable amounts, that even if it doesn't work here, we could sell him for more than we paid.

Obviously flipside is he could leave on a free.

Not necessarily.

Jewi could follow Lihadji out the door of making limited to no splash here whilst garnering the club a profit.

Likes of Ba were signed for such reasonable amounts, that even if it doesn't work here, we could sell him for more than we paid.

Obviously flipside is he could leave on a free.
So like I said ,everything is a gamble.

Who is on about pissing millions in the wind?
if spending a couple of million to appease fanbase rather than spending it wisely on long term targets then it's pissing in the wind.
I know where you are going with your line of argument here against the clubs owners
the transfer window is over
Move on

You said a few posts up you don't want the club chucking millions at players that'll get us into debt and points deductions
Yes, I did. There’s a difference you know. For example chucking £2m and £30k a week at Keiffer Moore, which has the knock on impact of breaking the wage structure in place, creating unrest, and hence increasing other player wages, will increase the club debt to levels which could bring FFP into play in the future. Signing the 4 lads we signed last week will not, and all 4 of them are potentially going to be more beneficial to the club long term than Moore would have been.
if spending a couple of million to appease fanbase rather than spending it wisely on long term targets then it's pissing in the wind.
I know where you are going with your line of argument here against the clubs owners
the transfer window is over
Move on
Again. Well said. Some of the Bairn’s still won’t listen mind. They want the owners to plough in millions of their own money to buy shit players whilst moaning that the price of tickets has gone up to £30.

Last edited:
Yes, I did. There’s a difference you know. For example chucking £2m and £30k a week at Keiffer Moore, which has the knock on impact of breaking the wage structure in place, creating unrest, and hence increasing other player wages, will increase the club debt to levels which could bring FFP into play in the future. Signing the 4 lads we signed last week will not, and all 4 of them are potentially going to be more beneficial to the club long term than Moore would have been.

Again. Well said. Some of the Bairn’s still won’t listen mind. They want the owners to plough in millions of their own money to buy shit players whilst moaning that the price of tickets has gone up to £30.
Why do you keep making stuff up? I don't think anyone wants us to buy shit players

Or, we’ve had one full season in the Championship & had our highest finish in the English pyramid for 7 years.

Not sure how anyone can plod around once.
Plodding is the intention. We buy low cost players, develop them whilst plodding, the better ones are sold, it pays the bills, and repeat. Its not exactly what sport is about IMO

Back