Returning stuff to amazon without original packaging

i've sent stuff back in plain brown paper before. Just logged on and requested refund, got the qr code and went to post office, they printed the label off and took the parcel off me. No comebacks. ( they had already refunded money)
That’s the process for Prime but the OP has not purchased them on Prime

You can send stuff back in any old packaging, provided it has the correct labels on it and is adequately protected from damage in transit.

What they mean by "original packaging" is the packaging that comes with the item (ie a shoe box) not the packaging Amazon themselves wrap it in for delivery.

In my experience,Amazon don't seem to check on anything you sendback.They usually issue a refund as soon as the courier scans the parcel when they pick them up. Apparently every return gets lumped in those palletts that they sell off on the cheap.
For their own stock, I get the feeling everything goes to the Amazon Warehouse dept to be assessed and resold.

If different for non-amazon sellers, that's the one that seems to change all the time

Manufacturers box
Should I just stick them in any old box then?
If you still have the Amazon box put them in that and send them back. The person who checks them might not realise they should be in a manufactures box. Or better still put them in a clear plastic bag then the Amazon box. They'll think you got them like that.

Last edited:
The bairn ordered a pair of boots which were too small so she wanted to send them back. Amazon gave me a full refund and told me to keep the boots. I gave them to a charity shop.
I had that with some storage boxes that arrived cracked. Said not to return them and I was then on a chat for 30 mins with them after they recharged me for not returning them.

If you still have the Amazon box put them in that and send them back. The person who checks them might not realise they should be in a manufactures box. Or better still put them in a clear plastic bag then the Amazon box. They'll think you got them like that.
Haven't got any boxes. Im a box free zone.

Manufacturers box
Should I just stick them in any old box then?
Yes it's their pathetic little rules that everything has to be in it's original packaging. It's just a ploy to put you off returning things . They're turning into a nasty bag of shite . I had to return some stuff that had parts missing . First they said I'd have to send them to the manufacturer. Then they said I'd have to pay the postage to return them to Amazon (£64) then they turned up at my door to uplift them . I didn't get the £64 back .

Buy another pair the size you want. Then tell them you're sending those back as they don't fit.
But put the first pair you bought in the boxes that came with the second pair. So you're sending the first pair back pretending they're the second pair. I doubt they'd notice as long as the boots are unmarked and unused. If they did notice and said these are a different size to what's on the box, you just say no wonder they didn't fit.:lol:

Last edited:
That’s the process for Prime but the OP has not purchased them on Prime
Prime would be irrelevant. It’s wether you’ve bought from a 3rd party seller that would matter.

Direct from Amazon or a fulfilled by Amazon he would probably be fine no matter how he returned it. For a 3rd part he’d probably be out of luck

Buy another pair the size you want. Then tell them you're sending those back as they don't fit.
But put the first pair you bought in the boxes that came with the second pair. So you're sending the first pair back pretending they're the second pair. I doubt they'd notice as long as the boots are unmarked and unused. If they did notice and said these are a different size to what's on the box, you just say no wonder they didn't fit.:lol:
If only I had a fookin box.

Just do this, from a mates/family member (just a different address) account and ask for a refund saying the shoes in the 2nd order were not the right shoes. Plan fails if you don't want another size though.

Yes it's their pathetic little rules that everything has to be in it's original packaging. It's just a ploy to put you off returning things . They're turning into a nasty bag of shite . I had to return some stuff that had parts missing . First they said I'd have to send them to the manufacturer. Then they said I'd have to pay the postage to return them to Amazon (£64) then they turned up at my door to uplift them . I didn't get the £64 back .
They've always been a nasty piece of shite but it was normally only to their suppliers and businesses who sold on there as they wanted to crush everyone else and make sure customers were stuck, now the high street is a mess they can screw customers over because where else are we going to get some plastic shite within 24 hours that we don't really need but want. Great for the bottom line but terrible for the world.

If only I had a fookin box.
You use the boxes off the second pair as you're keeping them. Then send the first pair back in second pairs boxes.
If they were delivered by Amazon I reckon that will work. They won't notice and you will at least have a pair that fits. It only goes tits up if the second pair don't fit and they need to go back. I'd instigate the return and then buy the second pair if I was you.
Just do this, from a mates/family member (just a different address) account and ask for a refund saying the shoes in the 2nd order were not the right shoes. Plan fails if you don't want another size though.

They've always been a nasty piece of shite but it was normally only to their suppliers and businesses who sold on there as they wanted to crush everyone else and make sure customers were stuck, now the high street is a mess they can screw customers over because where else are we going to get some plastic shite within 24 hours that we don't really need but want. Great for the bottom line but terrible for the world.
I wouldn't even do it from a friend or family members address. Amazon is a huge behemoth I doubt they would realise he'd already had a pair in different size. Might not work if they weren't fulfilled by Amazon though.

Last edited:

Back