Restaurants that have been next to the cinema

where Nando’s is, how many have been there? What was the original line up?

Frankie and bennies
Dojo (sure that was something before or after)

What else

There used to be a Chinese takeaway down the back street, I'm talking when the Blue Monkey and the Rose and Crown (or was it the Crown and Anchor) used to be around

The one next to where Nando’s is
Big Luke’s
Can’t remember Big Luke’s being there. There was a Chinese buffet on the corner called Louie Louie.

The place next door to that has been a few things: including a German kebab place, and prior to Covid it was a pizza buffet, which wasn’t a bad idea on paper, but after people realised they were paying a tenner for as many slices of pizza from the Tesco frozen food aisle as they could eat, I’m not sure how long it would’ve lasted. Even if the Cove era hadn’t killed it.

Mexican think it was Mex Cantina
There was also a pizza restaurant that opened - infinity pizza?
Also wasn’t there a sports bar on the corner unit on John Street?
That sports bar was a good idea. For a match day only. I imagine it was dead during the week. Also, didn’t they run out of money so upstairs was half finished?

That sports bar was a good idea. For a match day only. I imagine it was dead during the week. Also, didn’t they run out of money so upstairs was half finished?

Don’t think I ever went in. Was it something to do with Niall Quinn? I remember someone told me every tv had the same sport on every tv.

Think it was called legends. A lad I know from Washington had it, Warren brown. Was a hell of a footballer in his day

Can’t remember Big Luke’s being there. There was a Chinese buffet on the corner called Louie Louie.

The place next door to that has been a few things: including a German kebab place, and prior to Covid it was a pizza buffet, which wasn’t a bad idea on paper, but after people realised they were paying a tenner for as many slices of pizza from the Tesco frozen food aisle as they could eat, I’m not sure how long it would’ve lasted. Even if the Cove era hadn’t killed it.
Aye was a Big Luke’s n yeah Louie Louie the Chinese buffet 👌🏼
Yeah there’s been loads of different establishments in next door n didn’t realise the pizza was from tescos.

Back