Restaurants in Sunderland city centre

I managed to get to eat in Koji last night.
Quite busy, as was the burger place next door.
I was bit surprised by the “basic” decor and appearance of the place but the “Scots-American??” waitress was a lovely ray of sunshine!👍🏻
Nice IPA, food good but could have been presented better. I will definitely return to try the small plates.

Strange decision to be closed on Bank Holiday Monday coming up, especially with the match being on.

Wild Fire is excellent. The ingredients they use set it apart.

Nduga (canny spicy) & fior di latte mozzarella is the best I’ve ever tasted and I’ve been to Italy a few times. Was looking forward to the fennel salad and arancini starters but they’ve changed the menu.

A starter and pizza is enough to share between 2 tbh.

Friendly service but not in you’re face. Nice wine / beer selection.

Well worth booking if you’ve not been.

Sunderland’s definitely on the up for food and drink.

Nduga (canny spicy) & fior di latte mozzarella is the best I’ve ever tasted and I’ve been to Italy a few times. Was looking forward to the fennel salad and arancini starters but they’ve changed the menu.

Grow up

We get a starter and pizza between us in wildfire like. On old place was just pizza to share and beers.

That’s the difference that hopefully will carry on their success.
Too many places in town got by on taking things out a bag from the freezer, some still do and are classed as good.
Hopefully we keep being “on the up” and those freezer to fryer places will just be for the scratters 🤞🏻

Not town centre but still no sign of Popeye’s at Boldon cinema complex.
There is however, a Sambuca’s being created where the awful food hall was next to McDonald’s.

Back