Remember people saying to give up on this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye but LJ didn't exactly get off to a flying start either. A lot of draws coupled with one step forward and one step back type results.
I don't blame any fan for thinking the season was finished. Let's face it, part of the reason we are where we are is down to the teams above us having inconsistent results too.
There is still a long way to go and anything could happen, automatic, playoffs and missing out are all possible.
It's never over till the tubby bint sings

That was me 100%. Wasn't even the Shrewsbury game, was the Gillingham game where we drew I thought it was over, at that point I was absolutely sick of the sight of most of these players and thought an automatic place was dead in the water. To achieve automatics we'd have to go on unbelievable 15 game run and also hope 4 teams fell apart so it looked like playoffs to me this season.

Somehow Lee Johnson has pulled it out the bag and been doing an unbelievable job with this run, even more impressive considering the injuries. We're back in with a decent shout, but this run has to continue which will still be very tricky as there's very little margin for error.

7th or under is highly unlikely now.
Unlikely maybe but it's still possible. Doncaster have 2 games in hand and only 2 points behind. Ipswich and Accrington would only be 4 points behind if they win their game in hand. A lot of ifs but I'm taking nothing for granted. Im just happy with the position we are in at the moment.
It's never over till the tubby bint sings
So true but it is looking far more positive at the moment than it has been at any other point this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name names.?

Same with Wyke opinions?

How times /opinions change

Lose against Pompey and Accrington Johnson will be shit again according to experts on here!

Mind its entertaining stuff which makes this forum unique

HTL

Hope Wyke cracks in 25 League goals
If we lose to Pompey and Accrington he won’t be doing a very good job.

Anyone with an ounce of awareness of our club in past decade couldnt have predicted this turnaround. We looked terrible.

Old blokes with a long memory can remember the state of the club at the end of Lawrie Mackem Enemy’s time

New manager who new what he was doing team organised, goal scorer in place, experienced top level support act (Gates/McGeady) and we were unrecognisable

I thought we were looking to next season and this season was a write off. Also thought we'd be looking for a new manager before long.

Fingers crossed I'm proved wrong for the rest of the season too.

Still a long way to go yet but I never thought and couldn't see, and I'm sure there are thousands more , that we would be in this position we find ourselves now. 🤞 🤞 🤞

I was one of them and I am also that person who would be more than happy to be proved wrong. I have stated many times that I don’t think our squad is good enough, but I tell you what I will be over the moon if they can prove me and other doubters wrong. My guess is the OP is one of those gloating in the i told you so. Weirdo.

Whats a weird and toxic thread.

It would be typical sunderland to draw our next 5 and fuck it up.

But yes I was one of those who thought we should have wrote off the season and started blooding the youngsters for next season. Especially considering the contracts situations.

I'm happy to admit I was wrong.

Imagine that, people can be wrong.

I’ll hold my hands up to being one of them, I thought the rest of the season was a write off a few weeks back to be honest. My lack of spark due to not being able to go and no fans probably didn’t help, but I’m loving being proved wrong in the meantime and I hope come May I’m having a nice slice of humble pie slapped in me face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back