Remember people saying to give up on this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I'm a glass half full person, I was one who thought we'd be lucky to get into the top 6. Having said that, the way we were playing at the time gave that impression. I'm much more confident now and it's amazing what a good run of games can do. There's a noticeable number on the messageboard now with the same opinion.

Thought the playoffs would be the height of our ambitions, but Johnson and the players have done well.

Pleased we have stepped up, and hope it can continue.

Last edited:
I admit it! Thought we would scrape playoffs but not good enough for automatic promotion. I never thought the team had a spark or spirit that promotion teams have. But something in the squad has changed. I loved power digging out jones today, shows a bit of leadership and passion. I think Sanderson for a young lad is marshalling the defence around him and watching them high fiving and and patting each other on the back for snuffing out attacks shows a togetherness. Watched the training footage the other day and they looked like they were having fun. Somethings going on.

I was one I'll admit, after the Shrewsbury game, thought we just fighting to get in the play offs for the rest of the season. Very happy to be proved wrong.
Aye to be fair I was in the same boat after that game Bill.After that game I didn’t think we’d make it.
Pleasantly surprised by the results since, helped immensely by Matthews not playing.
Feel that we are still not convincing but we are getting results with a lot of lads injured and many others playing out of position.
Wyke continuing to score goals is also pleasing.
Real pity we didn’t involve McGeady earlier in the season as we would in all likelihood been well clear at the top now.
Just need to keep going.

Before the season started I thought the play offs were best case scenario and with our current injuries that’s still how I feel.
This excellent run of results will have the other teams around us very worried and that’s a great place to be.
We have been in strong positions at similar points in previous seasons and not gone on with it, so although enjoying this run there’s still a long way to go and the real test of the squad & management is yet to come.

HWTL

I was/am definitely one. Couldn’t see us getting a play off spot through most of the season and I still think we have the hardest run of fixtures left and our left back options scare the life out of me but the run of form, especially considering all the injuries has been hugely impressive and the players looking like returning (including Hume) could give us a massive lift.

There seemed a wave of radgepackets advocating it just four weeks ago you're right

I'll bump the thread in a min for posterity.

I thought we'd fucked it as recently as that game where we played Remi Matthews in the league. Wasn't knee-jerk, we've been awful for years.

Nowt to laugh about really. Under Parkinson the season was dead and buried. Even if he was sacked the fans couldn't count on Donald employing the right manager, the guy is a total goon. We had every right to think it was mid table obscurity. All credit to Johnson for getting us in this position but there is still a long way to go to get anything from this season.
Yes but members were floating the idea with Park already chased and Johnson at the helm not long ago. :lol:

Name names.?

Same with Wyke opinions?

How times /opinions change

Lose against Pompey and Accrington Johnson will be shit again according to experts on here!

Mind its entertaining stuff which makes this forum unique

HTL

Hope Wyke cracks in 25 League goals
Aey
But you can’t change your opinions too many times marra - makes ya look like you don’t know what ya talkin about
😉

Yes but members were floating the idea with Park already chased and Johnson at the helm not long ago. :lol:
In January, SAFC drew with Northampton and lost to Plymouth Arglye. I don't have it in me to criticise people who got a bit twitchy about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back