Referee

Nonsense. The defender hauled him back and then grabbed him . Yes Rusyn put his arms back to try and push the defender off because the lino was standing watching, shaking like a shitting dog and doing fuck all. He was absolutely wank ??

If the shirt colours were reversed you'd be saying the exact opposite.

Nonsense. The defender hauled him back and then grabbed him . Yes Rusyn put his arms back to try and push the defender off because the lino was standing watching, shaking like a shitting dog and doing fuck all. He was absolutely wank ??
Not really what I thought.
But hey, ho - it's all about opinions marra.

He was awful mind.

Didn’t let the game flow, wouldn’t allow any quick free kicks, kept getting in the way of the ball / players, and made some poor decisions.

We’ve had a canny run of good refereeing displays, today was dreadful
This. Not seen a ref get in the way of play more in 35 years of going. Ball hit him 3 times too.
Not letting the game flow infuriated me and the corner he gave them for our throw in was hysterical. I think his positioning was impacted by his physical condition. It wasn't a difficult game to referee I thought.

If you are going to give weak as piss free kicks on defenders be prepared to give a boat load of penalties. But it never happens does it? So much easier giving a defensive foul, yet the rule is the same.

If you are going to give weak as piss free kicks on defenders be prepared to give a boat load of penalties. But it never happens does it? So much easier giving a defensive foul, yet the rule is the same.

I think it's pretty sensible to apply a higher degree of certainty when pointing to the spot. It's not as simple as just a plain black and white yes it was or no it wasn't. If you're making the call you're clearly going to want to be more certain if you are potentially handing a team a goal by awarding a penalty. Every referee in the world adopts the same protocol.

I think it's pretty sensible to apply a higher degree of certainty when pointing to the spot. It's not as simple as just a plain black and white yes it was or no it wasn't. If you're making the call you're clearly going to want to be more certain if you are potentially handing a team a goal by awarding a penalty. Every referee in the world adopts the same protocol.
Not really I think they overplay the hand on the back, followed by the defenders Salchow. Which really was the point I was trying to make. Stop giving those silly fouls and it might make them look half competent.

Not really I think they overplay the hand on the back, followed by the defenders Salchow. Which really was the point I was trying to make. Stop giving those silly fouls and it might make them look half competent.

I know the type of incident you're talking about and I agree it's frustrating. The defender chasing down the ball back towards his own goal slows down, feels a finger on his shoulder blade and collapses on the ball. The ref gives it every single time. From the ref's perspective they're thinking 'shit, if I get this wrong and it leads to a goal, it's on me' so that crumb of doubt will always lead them to blow for a foul. Every ref does it and I can see why.

I know the type of incident you're talking about and I agree it's frustrating. The defender chasing down the ball back towards his own goal slows down, feels a finger on his shoulder blade and collapses on the ball. The ref gives it every single time. From the ref's perspective they're thinking 'shit, if I get this wrong and it leads to a goal, it's on me' so that crumb of doubt will always lead them to blow for a foul. Every ref does it and I can see why.
It’s cheating players but refs are falling for it. Refs cannot go around thinking if I get this wrong, it could lead to a goal.They play to the laws of the game, whatever happens beyond that shouldn’t be in their mind at all

It’s cheating players but refs are falling for it. Refs cannot go around thinking if I get this wrong, it could lead to a goal.They play to the laws of the game, whatever happens beyond that shouldn’t be in their mind at all

Yeah I get that but genuinely you try making the call from the angle the ref has. Most of the time they are looking at the attacking player's back. Everything else is obscured. You literally have a view of the attacker's back and nothing else. You probably don't even see the point of contact unless you're side on to the players which would be unusual in this scenario.

Inconsistent. First half particularly he looked to play advantage and let a lot of physical stuff/jostling go. 2nd he seemed to be a lot more officious. Also, loves a big gesture when awarding a free kick.

what was he supposed to do? He turned to collect the ball, it wasn't studs up and wasn't his thigh.

It was studs up and he did hit his upper thigh, it wasn't even hard to see from my seat. Just because he was trying to collect the ball doesn't come into it

Back