Redditors gave Wall Street traders an absolute pasting

GME is a quick buck. It's effectively Game, look how that's going for the future.
Is it though?
Totally changing and adapting their business model aided by a fella that made some pet shops a multi billion dollar business?
And let's be honest no wild peaks this week just steady phenomenal growth.
GME is a quick buck. It's effectively Game, look how that's going for the future.

Last edited:
Is it though?
Totally changing and adapting their business model aided by a fella that made some pet shops a multi billion dollar business?
And let's be honest no wild peaks this week just steady phenomenal growth.
Yes. There's a reason stores that sell games have almost all died on their arse over the last 15 years.

They are video shops and we're heading into a download/streaming world. PC gaming has already gone that way, XB and PS both have digital only offerings.

They can buy time but its inevitable, it won't be worth 10% of what it is today in a decade. I love my physical discs and cartridges, I probably won't be buying them in a decade though.

Pets need to eat, they need toys, you can add vet services, grooming, training etc in store to get owners through your door and pick up your wares because it's convenient.

How are gamestop (and game here) going to get me through their door in the same way? They'll have no games to sell apart from (what will be) retro stuff? That model doesn't seem like it will bring stock market success.

Yes. There's a reason stores that sell games have almost all died on their arse over the last 15 years.

They are video shops and we're heading into a download/streaming world. PC gaming has already gone that way, XB and PS both have digital only offerings.

They can buy time but its inevitable, it won't be worth 10% of what it is today in a decade. I love my physical discs and cartridges, I probably won't be buying them in a decade though.

Pets need to eat, they need toys, you can add vet services, grooming, training etc in store to get owners through your door and pick up your wares because it's convenient.

How are gamestop (and game here) going to get me through their door in the same way? They'll have no games to sell apart from (what will be) retro stuff? That model doesn't seem like it will bring stock market success.
Yeah they signed a huge deal with Microsoft which includes Microsoft All Access so they are embracing the digital age as well as having the bricks and mortar and pandering to the traditionalists.
I think they are looking a lot better than Game but hey its all about opinions I can only decide what I do with what I research.
Going pretty well so far though and they have barely changed the business.
A lot of other solely tech companies have had a hard couple of weeks.

Yeah they signed a huge deal with Microsoft which includes Microsoft All Access so they are embracing the digital age as well as having the bricks and mortar and pandering to the traditionalists.
I think they are looking a lot better than Game but hey its all about opinions I can only decide what I do with what I research.
Game embraced all access too.

Game embraced all access too.
I didn't say they didn't I'm giving reasons why I think these may succeed especially with the people they seem to be bringing on board.
I'm happy to sit and wait and see anyway.
Plus slightly different comparison from a predominantly UK company with appx 500 stores to a company with over 5000 stores worldwide.
I think a lot of the main players cut off Game's supply line too which wasn't ideal, GME doesn't seem to have this issue.
And let's be honest they couldn't have bought this amount of publicity and support with all the money in the world.
I'll just keep reading up and make my own choices I guess, only takes a second to sell.

Why is anyone even talking about Gamestop the business? This whole thing has nothing to do with the underlying business???

It's a dead rubber. Will not exist in 5 years.
Nor will this discussion.
This is a short squeeze. And nothing else.
Nobody is really in this for the name on the shares - its simply a case of calling the bluff on the short sellers, and causing them to lose shit tons of money, forcing them to close their short positions, which drives up the share price.

Just noticed who replied. You know this already??????

Nor will this discussion.
This is a short squeeze. And nothing else.
Nobody is really in this for the name on the shares - its simply a case of calling the bluff on the short sellers, and causing them to lose shit tons of money, forcing them to close their short positions, which drives up the share price.

Just noticed who replied. You know this already??????
This is where the retail investors lose the logic. The cme just raised margin requirements for example. That impacts things like margins and Var which makes market makers less inclined to make markets which makes stocks less liquid which presents a negative feedback loop

It’s a cult, everyone with shares in them and Tesla are buying on absolute blind faith.
That's not what it is at all.
Its a logical determination that too many shorts existed on a companies shares - literally nothing to do with the name of the company or its long or short term business plan. Nobody really cares about Gamestop itself. Its totally unlike the Tesla situation, which I'd agree with your comment about.
This is where the retail investors lose the logic. The cme just raised margin requirements for example. That impacts things like margins and Var which makes market makers less inclined to make markets which makes stocks less liquid which presents a negative feedback loop
Less liquid?
Wouldn't that make acquiring shares to close short positions even more difficult, ergo pushing UP the prices?

Last edited:
Its a logical determination that too many shorts existed on a companies shares - literally nothing to do with the name of the company or its long or short term business plan. Nobody really cares about Gamestop itself. Its totally unlike the Tesla situation, which I'd agree with your comment about.

Less liquid?
Wouldn't that make acquiring shares to close short positions even more difficult, ergo pushing UP the prices?
Don’t come crying to me when you get cleaned out, cultist.

Don’t come crying to me when you get cleaned out, cultist.
I'm famously open about the fact that I absolutely expect to lose the entire £100 I threw at it. Its just a daft bet. I'm just here for the 1 in 10 chance it goes bonkers.

Can you even be a cult if you don't care what the company is that you bought shares in, will never set foot in one, will never buy anything from etc?

Less liquid?
Depends on how leveraged positions are.

I'm famously open about the fact that I absolutely expect to lose the entire £100 I threw at it. Its just a daft bet. I'm just here for the 1 in 10 chance it goes bonkers.

Can you even be a cult if you don't care what the company is that you bought shares in, will never set foot in one, will never buy anything from etc?
Well by doing so you may be contributing to inevitable misery for others, who knows. I think the whole thing is absolutely mental.

Mate, being able to sell all access subs isn't keeping them open either.

Back