Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting. I get replied to by being sweared st. It’s opinion. I mentioned the draft and not the franchises. Also and I quote “teams do not fuck off over night”

Carry on
Which is obviously not aimed at you. It was aimed at the NFL, when they shifted the Baltimore colts to Indianapolis under the cover of darkness against the fans wishes.

Well our local tradition has become abject failure, overpaying poor players, and disenfranchising fans.

So what's to lose?. As soon as the game started paying huge wages so that the public could watch "live on sky" the tradition of the game ended. Fact.

The identity and soul of the club, probably one of the few remaining traditions in modern day football. I’m not in it for the success, Sunderland AFC is in my blood and part of my identity. A soulless franchise isn’t for me.

Which is obviously not aimed at you. It was aimed at the NFL, when they shifted the Baltimore colts to Indianapolis under the cover of darkness against the fans wishes.
I know

Yeah you're right. Ellis Short's American billions was proper jumpers for goalposts stuff.

The Black Bulls. I mean Red Bulls.

Must have missed him changing the club’s identity. I’m all for rich owners and investment if we got it, just not at the expense of selling out to become a soulless franchise.

what is it about then? being unsuccessful and shit always?

It’s about being proud to support my local team that’s been passed down through the generations no matter what.

Last edited:
Must have missed him changing the club’s identity. I’m all for rich owners and investment if we got it, just not at the expense of selling out to become a soulless franchise.

What's soulless about it? We're not owned by the fans or anyone from the area. The local people employed by the club would still be there.

The thing that makes SAFC Sunderland's team is the fact that they play in Sunderland. That wouldn't change.

Eh but they’re still Manchester City FC. I’m talking about if the identity of the club changed like it has with the other Red Bull owned teams, so we’d be nothing more than a franchise of a multi national corporation. Doesn’t even compare to Man City’s situation.
Does it really matter though, we are open to renaming the stadium for money now, it would be worth it to see us win something in our lifetimes imho.

Can’t see it but the precedent of the failed attempt to change them to ‘Hull Tigers’ points to them not being able to change the name. They’d hardly move city with the ground there.

You'd be happy to be a complete commercial version of the club. RB Sunderland with a Red Bull badge?

As another poster said, may aswell just support a different club entirely.

So when I come home for the match how will my matchday experience change exactly if we're called Sunderland Red Bulls and we have a different badge?

The identity and soul of the club, probably one of the few remaining traditions in modern day football. I’m not in it for the success, Sunderland AFC is in my blood and part of my identity. A soulless franchise isn’t for me.

Im not sure how you define soulless, if supporters turn up with a soul why does it matter who owns the "franchise?".

If this is the critical factor Bob Murray should not have been hounded out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back