Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask the city fans who saw there team as low as we are now if they are gutted that the sheik bought them, seeing us win something in my lifetime would be worth it.

Eh but they’re still Manchester City FC. I’m talking about if the identity of the club changed like it has with the other Red Bull owned teams, so we’d be nothing more than a franchise of a multi national corporation. Doesn’t even compare to Man City’s situation.

I'd be completely against it I reckon.

They'd no doubt want club badge changed, the club name changed, the stadium name changed.

I would no longer be supporting Sunderland AFC.

Clubs change their badges all the time. What would happen to the stadium? Unless they decided to move it to Newcastle or London I can't see how there would be a problem.

All for it. Don't see why you'd want to stifle the future of the football club because of rose-tinted glasses of the past.

We're no longer winning the 1st division, we're languishing in the 3rd.

This is all hypothetical anyways and it's never going to happen, we're just not that lucky.

Last edited:
Red Bull’s Head of Sports and Soccer Development Ralf Rangnick has mentioned Sunderland as a club they would want to invest in should the brand look to move into English football. Sunderland have been mentioned as a possible target for Red Bull should the business decide to expand their sport brand into England. Ralf Rangnick, Red Bull’s Head of...

More at Roker Report...

Shame it wasn’t, better and fairer spread of quality players

The crappest teams get the first picks for the following season. Also the schedules are easier for the lower ranks
Yes but your team (franchise) can fuck off to another city in the middle of the night and leave you without a team to support!

Numeracy issues -
only one club in England would make sense.

A third-tier league team like maybe Sunderland or Milton Keynes.
Grumpy would have a field day with their accounts.

Yes but your team (franchise) can fuck off to another city in the middle of the night and leave you without a team to support!
Unlikely in football leagues

The point is that the big teams don’t have all the talent, eg Chelsea loaning out 40 players

The nfl has a system of sharing talent across the league. That’s my point, but keep swearing away for no reason

Clubs change their badges all the time. What would happen to the stadium? Unless they decided to move it to Newcastle or London I can't see how there would be a problem.

Yes but they’re generally changed in keeping with local history or tradition of the club, not some multi national corp’s branding.

Unlikely in football leagues

The point is that the big teams don’t have all the talent, eg Chelsea loaning out 40 players

The nfl has a system of sharing talent across the league. That’s my point, but keep swearing away for no reason
I would love that but it's unworkable in football.
The franchise system in the NFL is an abomination and that's what was being alluded not the draft system.

Haway man stop being so precious I wasn't swearing at you.

Yes but they’re generally changed in keeping with local history or tradition of the club, not some multi national corp’s branding.

Well our local tradition has become abject failure, overpaying poor players, and disenfranchising fans.

So what's to lose?. As soon as the game started paying huge wages so that the public could watch "live on sky" the tradition of the game ended. Fact.

I would love that but it's unworkable in football.
The franchise system in the NFL is an abomination and that's what was being alluded not the draft system.

Haway man stop being so precious I wasn't swearing at you.
Interesting. I get replied to by being sweared st. It’s opinion. I mentioned the draft and not the franchises. Also and I quote “teams do not fuck off over night”

Carry on

TBH I'm not enjoying much about the situation the club is in right now. I have always been completely against this idea when mentioned in the past but right now as long as the club plays in Sunderland at the Stadium of Light and the same colours I would probably be OK with it. I just want to enjoy going to matches again and I want to see us compete for a trophy or two in our life times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back