Recommendations for tyre repair and buying?

I’ve had no issues with the kit I bought n has got me going again when a locking wheel nut wouldn’t budged.
They’re also just a temporary fix n depends on the problem with the tyre. But if just a nail/screw hole then fine to use until ya can get it seen too.
It sounds like that kit has served its purpose for you.

Some of these repairs are really for the pros like

Used em before, not too hard to use to be honest. Not sure I’d want to run on a plugged tyre longer time but for a quick fix while on holiday and put the spare on as main tyre they’re fine

If it's repairable one of the small local businesses mentioned will do the job.

If you end up getting new tyres then Hi performance on Roker Avenue are worth a shout....had 2 tyres replaced there a year ago and the Falken tyres are guaranteed for their lifetime so if you get tyre damage that needs replacement it's free replacement dependent on the age of tyre.

For example while I was there the bloke in front of me had a tyre that needed replacing that he'd had on a couple of years due to a bad puncture and he only ended up paying £30 for his new one.

Buying a kit on ebay to repair a car tyre has a number of potential problems.

1. The kit - in my experience the quality of ebay bought products is not always of the required standard for mission critical activities

2. Training - using these kits requires training. The single biggest part of the training is an assessment on whether the tyre is suitable for repair.

If you value your safety and the safety of your passengers get a pro to do it

Peacocks...that was the name of the place as well.

They've been going for yeara and genuinely care about road safety
Peacocks repairs were only £5 for years, and I have had all 4 of my current tyres repaired by them, although 2 of them were actually corrosion on the rims causing them to lose air. They just file the corrosion off and all tickety-boo. Great service every time from the lads here.

Done two on the wife's Yaris in August, she wanted the same Dunlop tyres that were on, rang round the usual places, Tones were about 30 quid cheaper than the next best. If you want a particular tyre give them a call, text you when they are in and go at your convenience. I took it they took about 20 minutes.
I knew the previous owner like so always went there , but ton e who's got it now is spot on ,just phone up on the morning he orders your tyres in gives ya a ring to sort them on the same day good lad anarl tone I his prices are fare anarl 👍

Yeah it got me going again n only get 2 sizes of rubber cord to plug the hole so limited depending on the issue.
Tyre fitters used to remove the tyre if ok n plug it from the inside as the plug had a flange on it. Not sure if they still do this.

I knew the previous owner like so always went there , but ton e who's got it now is spot on ,just phone up on the morning he orders your tyres in gives ya a ring to sort them on the same day good lad anarl tone I his prices are fare anarl 👍
Another vote for tones tyres knew Tony1 RIP and Tony 2 both good lads always give a good price

Back