Recommendations for tyre repair and buying?

Blame Me

Winger
I've got a screw in one of my tyres and it could do with a simple repair. Though judging by the looks of it I may have to replace all 4 corners.

Who are the go to places to use that the SMB recommends?

KJ Tyres next to Sainsbury’s on wessington way are sound.
Buy a kit off eBay for £8 n next time a screw or nail n the tread is good it’s a simple repair.
Buying a kit on ebay to repair a car tyre has a number of potential problems.

1. The kit - in my experience the quality of ebay bought products is not always of the required standard for mission critical activities

2. Training - using these kits requires training. The single biggest part of the training is an assessment on whether the tyre is suitable for repair.

If you value your safety and the safety of your passengers get a pro to do it
£15 for a puncture repair in Peacocks these days. If you don’t get there early you might have an hour wait though
Peacocks...that was the name of the place as well.

They've been going for yeara and genuinely care about road safety

Last edited:

1. The kit - in my experience the quality of ebay bought products is not always of the required standard for mission critical activities

2. Training - using these kits requires training. The single biggest part of the training is an assessment on whether the tyre is suitable for repair.

Yep, scrimping on safety and not spending a few hundred quid on something that is worth/costs thousands is plain stupid.

I’ve had no issues with the kit I bought n has got me going again when a locking wheel nut wouldn’t budged.
They’re also just a temporary fix n depends on the problem with the tyre. But if just a nail/screw hole then fine to use until ya can get it seen too.

Back