1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend me some Zombie films

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Bagpuss, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Fred Army

Fred Army Winger

REC is well worth a watch.

2. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

It had some really good ideas but I felt, overall, it wasn't as good as I'd hoped. I know I'm in a minority, like.

I love me some South Korean cinema. They do revenge films to the very highest level.

Dagzd1973 likes this.
  3. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Second series was a huge let down

4. Roker

Roker Midfield

Not Zombies per se but Outpost and the 2 sequels (Rise of the Spetnaz and Black Sun) are worth a watch.

5. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Striker

Saw there were a couple of other Z movies and a series, are these the spin off/connected to World War z?

6. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Full Back

If you notice it's almost all revenge films. Weird innit. Almost every movie has a revenge theme unless it's a comedy or romcom. Probably something to do with the N. Korean shit they have to deal with.

I gave up on Hollywood years ago and almost exclusively watch Korean or European films. I love it, even if they are a bit hammy sometimes.

Lexingtongue likes this.
  7. daventry cat

daventry cat Striker

In comparison to the first yes

8. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

First was a cracker. Good music. Mogwai or something

9. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

I've had to give up on a few SK films due to the acting being so appalling and trope-ridden but there have been some absolute belters. Whenever I travel, I always watch a SK film or two on the plane. Emirates are great for world cinema.

10. daventry cat

daventry cat Striker

It was..... It was remade in the states can't imagine how bad it would have been

11. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Striker

Cheers for these folks, loads to go at. SMB as always the font of all knowledge :cool::cool:

12. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Full Back

Aye there's a few stinkers like. Especially the recent films. They're churning out so many films now that the quality of some are awful. Then you get masterpieces like Memories of Murder, or A Tale of Two Sisters that just blow Hollywood out the water.

The Revenge Trilogy (Oldboy, Mr Vengeance, Miss Vengeance) are great like. That's how cinema should be done.

Lexingtongue likes this.
  13. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

I Saw the Devil, A Hard Day, and Man from Nowhere - classics.

14. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Full Back

Aye they're toppa. I've got a canny list here from 4chan, some classics on here if you're interested

[​IMG]

15. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

Castaway on the Moon! Brilliant. When I was in Seoul I dragged the lass I was with to see the island under the bridge. :lol: Fantastic film if you've not seen it.

Dagzd1973 likes this.
  16. kingmob

kingmob Central Defender

Great film, great soundtrack and Linnea Quigley.

17. gillythedilf

gillythedilf Winger

Watch it yesterday efternoon,canny

Mackem00 likes this.
  18. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Full Back

I'd love to gan to S. Korea like. It's no.1 on my bucket list.

Someday....

19. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

Heads up: it was shite. :lol: Still, the food was decent and I got to dance like a horse in Gangnam.

20. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Full Back

Still wanna gan. Japan aswell. For different reasons of course. Japan has the history, Korea has the wads. Only colour lass I haven't been with is an Asian, better now before I'm old :cool: