1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend me some Zombie films

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Bagpuss, Aug 11, 2017.

1. ErichZann

ErichZann Winger

Zombie Flesh Eaters. Be careful not to get the cut version, do your research as some 'uncut' version are cut. Also check out the Gates of Hell trilogy, Planet Terror and........Train to Busan.

2. Rubberglove

Rubberglove Midfield

Or alternatively, if you want to see the real thing, go and attend the next EDL march

3. Billy Fish

Billy Fish Striker

SAFC season 2016-17 highlights

Bagpuss, MSC and Dagzd1973 like this.
  4. MSC

MSC Winger

Cockneys v zombies

5. I Stand Alone

I Stand Alone Midfield

Amazing 80stastic zombie film

f.t.metro likes this.
  6. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

It's absolutely terrible, in all honesty. Suffers from being too long and hammy like a lot of Korean films. Still, it's worth a watch solely for the way the dead resurrect.

Can't believe Return of the Living Dead hasn't been mentioned yet. 'Send... more... paramedics...' :lol:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    knumbskull likes this.
  7. Aituk7

Aituk7 Central Defender

Zombieland and shaun of the dead are both amazing comedy zombie films. As for true horror zombie movies go 28 days later then 28 months later... zombies that can run like humans are a little scarier

vote quimby likes this.
  8. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

The bridge scene near the end, when they couldn't afford to shut it down. :lol:

I'd argue they're not true zombies, like. Zombies are scary because there are so many of them, so, even though they are slow and stupid, you'll still never escape. Fast zombies shatter that tension.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Fetch Fletch likes this.
  9. Fetch Fletch

Fetch Fletch Striker

This.

Night, Dawn, Day...of the dead (living dead in respect to Night).

You can easily miss the others after.

The dawn of the dead remake by Zack Snyder is pretty good too, more like aliens with dead people.

28 Days/Months later are both good, not 'zombies' but near enough.

10. Sossidge Rerls

Sossidge Rerls Full Back

Another vote for 28 days and 28 weeks later. Don't like Will Smith but I Am Legend is a decent watch.

What season are you up to in the Walking Dead? Season 3 is class with the Governor, by far the best.

11. daventry cat

daventry cat Striker

not a film but a series- les revenants

although if you think the walking dead is slow maybe not?

12. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

That's vampires, mate. Decent watch, though.

13. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

Train to Busan is class like.

14. Dawn of the dead

15. portypaul

portypaul Full Back

Braindead so bad it's funny

Chal likes this.
  16. Ceverton

Ceverton Central Defender

If they release a vid of the 2016/17 season of Moyes's babes with Pienaar, Gibson and Rodwell in midfield you will see some lifelike zombies.

17. Doeboy

Doeboy Central Defender

Dawn of The Dead remake.
    Rec 1 and 2.
    28 days later and to a lesser extent 28 weeks later.
    Warm bodies, zombieland, Shaun of the dead all more comedies but a different take on the genre and very good.
    Resident evil films, they lost their way a bit but the newest one was a good return to form.

Probably more tbh but they're a selection of my favourites!

18. I do like 28 days/weeks and I don't have a problem with fast zombies, but slow zombies are better. It means that people spend a lot longer trying to get away as the numbers and the geography slowly put them in a corner that they can't get out of, and then have to watch and wait as their inevitable fate befalls them. Far creepier

19. Fred Army

Fred Army Winger

Braindead is bloody amazing!

20. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Full Back

We'll have to disagree there mate. I thought it was great. One of the better zombie films ever imo.

All S. Korean movies are a bit "hammy". It's a culture thing. All cops in Korean movies are bumbling idiots apart from the Chief Detective, who's usually a hardnut Sherlock Holmes.