Recommend Me A Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone recommend me a book to read whilst on holiday next week. Not normally ‘a reader’ so one or two will be fine.

Football related, preferably Sunderland related although not essential.

I’m thinking Keane’s autobiography (£3.99 on iBook) as I’ve heard it’s decent. Anything else worth a read?

The Battle for Kursk is a great read.
How the Russkies held off the Jormans was miraculous and turned the tide in their favour.

Can anyone recommend me a book to read whilst on holiday next week. Not normally ‘a reader’ so one or two will be fine.

I’m thinking Keane’s autobiography (£3.99 on iBook) as I’ve heard it’s decent. Anything else worth a read?

Think he's done two mate. Both worth a read.

If you fancy something a bit different. Try this on for size. It's what the TV series the expanse was based off. Great audio book series too. Basically it's about Earth plus moon vs Mars vs gypo slaves vs alien zombies. Top notch

Logon or register to see this image

You can borrow my old iPad if you want, got Kindle on it and there's a few books downloaded. Alex Ferguson, Craig Bellamy. Quite a few Nick Hornby books, The Far Corner as has been mentioned already, Orwells 1984 plus Tony Hawks 'Round Ireland with a Fridge' which I think you'll enjoy.

Frank Worthington's- One hump or two was a good read, if you are of a certain age!
I have been highly recommended Fred Eyre- Kicked into touch (again of a certain age!) I just haven't got round to it yet as i have loads of books to get through.

No Sunderland link but the Garrincha book is f***ing brilliant.
Garrincha: The Triumph and Tragedy of Brazil's Forgotten Footballing Hero https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0224092197/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_TtJOBbQHVZAP7

Gary Imlach one is really good.

Currently reading And The Sun Shines Now by Adrian Tempany. It’s fantastic. Probably particularly nostalgic if you’re 40+ but great read for anyone & not just about Hillsborough, though that’s covered beautifully.

You can borrow my old iPad if you want, got Kindle on it and there's a few books downloaded. Alex Ferguson, Craig Bellamy. Quite a few Nick Hornby books, The Far Corner as has been mentioned already, Orwells 1984 plus Tony Hawks 'Round Ireland with a Fridge' which I think you'll enjoy.
That would be class actually mate!

Provided You Don't Kiss Me is great as is the Gary Imlach one. Far Corner is brill - loaned my copy out years ago and need to re-read so a reminder to buy again. Harry Pearson has written a few good books particularly on cricket all funny and perceptive. Enjoyed Lance Hardy's book - think he did the Charlie Hurley one, and Lee Howey's is good though the ghostwriter Gillan is a bit heavy handed with what he thinks is funny.. Depends a biton your vintage and if you like historical players _ Shack's book is still good. Pete Davies - All Played Out aboutEngland at the 1990 World Cup is great but long for a football book. Sunderland Cult Heroes worth aread. Franky Worthington is of its time but captures him. Quinny's is canny but feels like a long time ago. The Glory and The Dream is the best club history I have read but you might need to be a Celtic fan to appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back