Recommend Me A Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

There are a couple of Roy Keane ones written by different authors. The first one was certainly a good read.

Can anyone recommend me a book to read whilst on holiday next week. Not normally ‘a reader’ so one or two will be fine.

Football related, preferably Sunderland related although not essential.

I’m thinking Keane’s autobiography (£3.99 on iBook) as I’ve heard it’s decent. Anything else worth a read?
The far corner. Don't get get autobiographies. They're all a load of shite

The Bromley Boys is a good read, some funny stories in there of supporting 'the worst football team in England'.

Read too many to remember but recently reread Stan ternants and Neil warnocks and enjoyed them both
That twat Barton book was bought for me last xmas n wasn't bad
Gerrard neville carraghers were all good
Dicky ords was nostalgic
Want to read Craig Bellamys and Peter reids but not seen them in charity shop yet and fancy simon Jordans and Peter crouch

Also from older generation I've read quite a few of the 66 teams books from banks to both Charltons enjoyed nobby stiles and geoff hurts too, anything or any one that had something to do with cloughy is always enjoyable and ofcourse the great players like best Pele cruyffs are good but El Diego was very very enjoyable you get a better understanding of the horrible little twat

I have just read the german keepers Robert Enkes biography a life too short. Fantastic read and quite emotional as it documents his struggle with mental illness.....

I've offered the op a copy of the Keane book, the Roddy Doyle one, free. If he doesn't reply, does anyone else want it? It's the hardback copy, excellent condition. I don't really re-read books, so if anyone wants it, it's there.
It's my birthday, in a good mood, so will even hoy in delivery.

I have just read the german keepers Robert Enkes biography a life too short. Fantastic read and quite emotional as it documents his struggle with mental illness.....

Class book, had me all worked up at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back