Recommend a roofer

The biggest arseholes are the ones who are cheap and fuck/botch jobs up(checkatrade kernts mainly)As generally both go hand in hand.
Not necessarily in my experience but your mileage may vary. I had a company come and quote to replace a few slates. All professional, monogrammed van, gear etc...until the day of the job when he turns up, drops 3 lads off that look like they've never seen a slate puller or a hall hook...climbing all over the welsh slate roof without a ladder. Told them to get down and fuck off. Their quote wasn't cheap either.
Good trades are hard to come by what ever the discipline.

I don't mind paying for a quality job..but its rare you get one whatever you are paying.

Last edited:

Not necessarily in my experience but your mileage may vary. I had a company come and quote to replace a few slates. All professional, monogrammed van, gear etc...until the day of the job when he turns up, drops 3 lads off that look like they've never seen a slate puller or a hall hook...ckamvering all over the welsh slate roof without a ladder. Told them to get down and fuck off. Their quote wasn't cheap either.
Good trades are hard to come by what ever the discipline.

I don't mind paying for a quality job..but its rare you get one whatever you are paying.
Your last sentence is spot on mind.

Tommy does post on here but that's not him.

I've known Tom for 30 odd years. MLF, a top bloke and roofer. Highly recommended.
i've seen his name mentioned a few times on here. a good roofer is one of the only trades i don't know anyone. just got up this morning to find our kitchen flat roof is leaking in another place to where it usually leaks. it's a canny size and we were going to get it done anyway this year. do you know if he travels? we're in hutton henry. it'll probably need new boards as well.
i'm like others, i don't mind paying for a good job. the last time we had it done was only about 6 or 7 years ago, cheap as chips but even at the time i wasn't sure he was doing that good a job. not being a roofer you've got to trust they know what they're doing though. had him back twice to sort leaks in the first year but after that i've just attempted to fettle them myself.

i've seen his name mentioned a few times on here. a good roofer is one of the only trades i don't know anyone. just got up this morning to find our kitchen flat roof is leaking in another place to where it usually leaks. it's a canny size and we were going to get it done anyway this year. do you know if he travels? we're in hutton henry. it'll probably need new boards as well.
i'm like others, i don't mind paying for a good job. the last time we had it done was only about 6 or 7 years ago, cheap as chips but even at the time i wasn't sure he was doing that good a job. not being a roofer you've got to trust they know what they're doing though. had him back twice to sort leaks in the first year but after that i've just attempted to fettle them myself.
Clear your inbox

I'm not sure his range but he does every type of job very well.

Have you just said you've known Tommy for 30 year but don't know a good roofer?

anyone know roughly how much it would cost to rip out an existing flat roof (that tar mac topping stuff) and replace with new board and covering?

about 9ft by 8ft

anyone know roughly how much it would cost to rip out an existing flat roof (that tar mac topping stuff) and replace with new board and covering?

about 9ft by 8ft
I can get someone to quote you, inbox

CB recommended the same lad to me a few months ago, cracking job .

So good he got the same job on the house next door to run consecutively.

Highly recommended.
Sorry to bother you, marra, but I need some roof work doing (I usually use Goodey but I've been waiting for him for a year now & I've had enough). Could you possibly tell me who Clean Bristow recommended & if he did a good job? Either a direct message or just here in open forum would be great, whichever you prefer. Thanks in advance.

Back