Recommend a roofer

Fletch

Striker
Couple of slates have cracks and if go into loft eves can see a tiny hole daylight , anybody recommend decent roofer in Sunderland ? Just need 4-5 new slates although may get quote whole roof as was built 1950s.
cheers

Couple of slates have cracks and if go into loft eves can see a tiny hole daylight , anybody recommend decent roofer in Sunderland ? Just need 4-5 new slates although may get quote whole roof as was built 1950s.
cheers
I'll inbox you
Fletch, got a lad who ll do it for you and if you like the full roof over Christmas for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers
Robby New, Alexandra Roofing. Although he’s alway busy so I’m not sure how soon he’d be able to get out to you.

Getting ours done has dragged on for months. Had Wakefield Roofing lined up cos he'd done one down the road that looked a good job, but there was a spot of bad weather and two start dates came and went. He recommended someone else he knew but he's not been well, then this week he's had trouble getting the right slate.

Getting ours done has dragged on for months. Had Wakefield Roofing lined up cos he'd done one down the road that looked a good job, but there was a spot of bad weather and two start dates came and went. He recommended someone else he knew but he's not been well, then this week he's had trouble getting the right slate.
Inbox.

cheers

It might just need stripping off and refelting. Salvage the old slates and any new ones can go on the back.

I sometimes specify a new ridge ( ventilated) and a row of new slates front and back first course below the ridge tiles. Looks better than the odd new slate in a random place.

Get a dry verge on the gables whilst your at it.

It might just need stripping off and refelting. Salvage the old slates and any new ones can go on the back.

I sometimes specify a new ridge ( ventilated) and a row of new slates front and back first course below the ridge tiles. Looks better than the odd new slate in a random place.

Get a dry verge on the gables whilst your at it.

aka grading.

Back