Really minor annoyances

People in the office who sneeze 20 times in a row

Use of the word literally when they clearly aren't being literal 'my head literally exploded' well you look good for it Sue

People who say the G in Bolognese

Being told to make sure I take my personal belongings with me when I leave a plane or train. If they aren't personal then they aren't my belongings, there's no need for the extra word.

Lack fo space to pack things at a self service checkout.

Self service checkouts that are overly zealous about the weight of the items being packed (I'm looking at you, Co-op!)

Waiting for an age for someone to come and deal with an issue or approve an item at a self service checkout then, when they do appear, they go to someone else who hasn't been waiting for anywhere near as long first.

Gormless supermarket staff who don't seem to realise that the red light means there's an issue so you have to wave frantically at them to get their attention (I'm looking at you, staff of Cambridge Asda).

Crossing a side street with one car waiting to pull out of the junction. You go round the back of the car and it will invariably pull away just as you get to the rear of it.

People who don't acknowledge when you've given way to them when driving
Women are the main culprits for this like.
Shoppers having a long meaningless chat with the checkout person while there’s a long queue.
Asda at Leechmere is terrible for that.

Full of gormless t***s.

Never helps that they only have about 2 manned checkouts on at any one time mind, which have to serve everyone who does a trolley shop and/or from whom the self scanners have failed and told them to go to the manned one.

Last edited:
-Aks instead of ask.
-Pesific instead of specific.
-Lasses who have massive fingernails and tap away at their phones looking weird.
-Duck lips on lasses and when they keep licking their lips as if they've dried out.
-Young lads driving BMW 1 series. Its a lasses car.
-Office talk. Everything about it.
-Love Island and shows that have fake people in them.
-Kids vaping and smoking.
Sur rons and scramblers churning up parks and doing what they want.
-Birds eating my grass seed. I'm happy to feed them proper seed but they prefer grass seed.
-Remakes of films where the original only came out this millenia.
-The charts. Its all samples of other songs, covers etc.

People who after filling up at the petrol pump take fuckin ages to drive away. Just fuck off

They're watching you in the rest view mirror getting little power fuzzies from you being annoyed. Yes, people are that petty

Supermarkets having misleading price signs that trick you into getting something and finding out it costs more when you go to buy it. It's never in your favour..

Last edited:
Today, I was introduced to the rather bizarre business of blokes (substantially younger than me) talking about quality of sunbed shops and which ones they have "minutes" left at.

I have to admit, this is pushing the boundaries of minor annoyances for me. I was astonished.

Is this a thing, is this really what men do. I'd guess they were late 20s, early 30s.

I thought sunbeds were still harbingers of skin cancer.

People who drive with their windscreen wipers going 90 to the dozen when it there's barely a drop, or indeed no rain at all

Back