Really minor annoyances

I'm still irritated by the overuse and misuse of 'literally'. I seem to be in the minority. I've stopped throwing things at the telly now but tutting out loud a lot.
This has been discussed on here before and it can be used to mean something other than the common understanding, as done by Dickens and others.

Amazon said my delivery was 1 stop away, but he was over the other side of the village and stopped several times on his way to mine.

I was stalking him as I was about to take the dog out when I got the notification, so I waited until he'd been.
i'd whip this story off to Hollywood if i was you they're low on scripts at the minute, Pitt as the delivery driver and Christina Hendricks as you

People who use ‘brought’ instead of ‘bought’. See it so often in online reviews for things. Are people that thick that they don’t know which word to use? Or do they think they’re interchangeable?

TV going into standby when you're watching it. Normally an issue on a Sunday when I'm watching football on sky sports back to back. 92nd minute of the third match and the Tele turns off

"Do you want to continue watching" when binge watching a netflix (etc) series and you haven't seen the remote for a couple hours. Yes I do otherwise I would have turned the fucker off long before now! :mad:

Those LED signs that come on to remind you of the speed limit that also flash up "slow down" underneath it, but flash that at every car driving past regardless of the speed. It's bloody annoying when you're dutifully driving along at 28 and get told to slow down.

People who use ‘brought’ instead of ‘bought’. See it so often in online reviews for things. Are people that thick that they don’t know which word to use? Or do they think they’re interchangeable?
Funnily enough, I never hear people making the error that way around, but I often hear southerners on TV say "bought" when they mean "brought"

"I bought my mother along with me".
YOU MEAN BLOODY "BROUGHT"!

People who've sat at traffic lights for ages and don't have the car in gear when the light 'suddenly' turns green

People who walk really slowly around supermarkets

Small cars parked in parking bays making it look like an empty bay in a busy carpark

Most wines having screw tops and not corks, removing the 'pop' which was my starting gun to the weekend

The mispronunciation of the word aitch

Wales

Back