Really minor annoyances

Football teams playing in change kits when they clearly aren’t required, and international teams playing in the same colour shirt and shorts when they never used to.

The phrase ‘in and around’. Usually when it’s being used by Danny Collins on co-commentary.

Right now - wireless printers. My wireless printer specifically. The non-working prick.
I had a quick think about Wireless printers some time ago, then I decided two things:

1. I wouldn't throw mine out of the window in a fit of pique. Instead I would take it to the local refuse disposal centre, along with all the wires I was using to constantly re-connect it and/or troubleshoot it when all other attempts to get the fucker working properly had failed
2. It was cheaper and healthier, and more efficient, to simply walk to the local library with a memory stick containing all my printing needs and use their facilities to print it out at 20p for a colour page and 10p for a black and hit.

I then discovered that actually I didn't really need top print anything much at all anyway.
Football teams playing in change kits when they clearly aren’t required, and international teams playing in the same colour shirt and shorts when they never used to.

The phrase ‘in and around’. Usually when it’s being used by Danny Collins on co-commentary.

Sky Sports match commentary on the Live scores pages, when they say "player x wins a free kick".

How exactly do you WIN a free kick? You've been fouled or impeded. So somebody has committed a foul and conceded a free kick.

(oh and fuck off to anyone who is planning to respond by saying something about 'clever play' or 'all part of the modern game' blah blah blah)

Last edited:
XG in football, load of bollocks.

Another football related one, now saying player of the match instead of man of the match, haway man it's only men playing 😂 like in the women's game, it should be women of the match, you would think.

Sky Sports match commentary on the Live scores pages, when they say "player x wins a free kick".

How exactly do you WIN a free kick? You've been fouled or impeded. So somebody has committed a foul and conceded a free kick.

(oh and fuck off to anyone who is planning to respond by saying something about 'clever play' or 'all part of the modern game' blah blah blah)

‘There was definitely contact there’ :mad:

2. It was cheaper and healthier, and more efficient, to simply walk to the local library with a memory stick containing all my printing needs and use their facilities to print it out at 20p for a colour page and 10p for a black and hit.

I then discovered that actually I didn't really need top print anything much at all anyway.
I was ready to buy another batch of off brand ink when I thought about how much I used it. Printed the occasional photo, documents I never needed for trips, and tickets I could load in my phone anyway.

Used more ink cleaning and aligning the print heads every time I wanted to use the bastard.

Our boy used the last of my ink and paper last year printing bank statements. Never replaced either. I did take a small amount of satisfaction from him having to wait for the bank sending them out to him this year.

I was ready to buy another batch of off brand ink when I thought about how much I used it. Printed the occasional photo, documents I never needed for trips, and tickets I could load in my phone anyway.

Used more ink cleaning and aligning the print heads every time I wanted to use the bastard.

Our boy used the last of my ink and paper last year printing bank statements. Never replaced either. I did take a small amount of satisfaction from him having to wait for the bank sending them out to him this year.
Why does anyone need a regular printed bank statement these days? You can get the internet on computers and phones and everything now. And Apps

(I'm 68).

People usually lasses dropping the letter t

Does my head in went to an Italian the other week and the lass asked who ordered the
Spa’e’i
What’s so Fukkin hard about pronouncing T

I started to do more remote work through Covid and some people can’t just say Bye at the end of the call and insert Mmmmm before it. I know who they are now and desperately try to cut the call before they get mmmmm Bye in
i hate it when people say 'bye' at the end of a call. it's either 'so long' or 'tara now'. i hate it even more when the lass in the office says 'see you soon' i keep thinking no you won't, i'm 4 hours drive away and you'll be gone yem by the time i get back.

Why does anyone need a regular printed bank statement these days? You can get the internet on computers and phones and everything now. And Apps

(I'm 68).
Something to do with his accountant mate, works for himself and has no grip on reality let alone what's going on with his bank.

those scrolling indicators on cars.
those little amber/red lights on car mirrors to tell the driver they're close to something. that's what the mirrors are for ffs. if they're not seeing things in the mirror they're not likely to see a titchy symbol in it.
when you're messing around with the bike, a bolt drops down and you can't find it and you just know it'll drop out when you're on the road and go into the back tyre.
Are those lights not to say there is something which may may in your blind spot or is it another light?

Adblue for me, or more importantly the cheap attachments they put on the 10l tubs/bottles whatever they are called which means it dribbles out of the screw in part and drips on the van.

Traffic announcements cutting into your favourite song in your car telling you about a delay which is at least 100 miles away in the other direction…or a jam you’re already f*****g in.

Back