WMS Reaction: Sunderland 1-5 Blackburn

I love them but each to their own, if you don't like it don't listen. WMS & WTF are my favourites, don't mind RR but they're definitely not as willing to call the club out as the other 2.
As an exile I listen to them all & watch a lot of the youtubers, Gilesy & Steve are my particular favourite of those.

I can’t stand them me. So called fans.

They offer criticism where criticism is due and warranted. They’ve also called out some of the nonsense over the past few years whilst others were lapping it up and being fairly cosy with the club hierarchy.

The match reviews aren’t to my tastes (the reaction to the Cardiff was full of hyperbole about how great we were with exaggerations of players abilities) but generally it’s a good podcast. Most of the time it sounds like football fans talking about their club the way that most football fans do.

Tbf, I dare say he is a good coach. It’s just he isn’t a head coach/manager. Ultimately it’s the ownership that keep putting him in that position
He could easily have said he no tbh or just for 1 or 2 games. Dodds obviously thinks he is Head Coach material, taking on 13 games.

Very rarely listen to SAFC podcasts. I was in the car on Saturday listening to another podcast, which ended, and it turns out that I had subscribed at some point to WMS on spotify, which was the next podcast up. Good God. Listening to a pissed bloke in a pub talking about the Cardiff match while refusing to say anything controversial because he 'is a club employee' (he reads the teams out) might be some people's idea of entertainment, and good luck to them, not mine.

Very rarely listen to SAFC podcasts. I was in the car on Saturday listening to another podcast, which ended, and it turns out that I had subscribed at some point to WMS on spotify, which was the next podcast up. Good God. Listening to a pissed bloke in a pub talking about the Cardiff match while refusing to say anything controversial because he 'is a club employee' (he reads the teams out) might be some people's idea of entertainment, and good luck to them, not mine.

The Monday podcasts are a much better listen

He could easily have said he no tbh or just for 1 or 2 games. Dodds obviously thinks he is Head Coach material, taking on 13 games.

He could but who would we then appoint?

I honestly believe he knows he isn’t head coach material. Ultimately though, he’s done what any of us would do and take the short term pay rise.

The clubs totally at fault for the situation

Listened this morning. Couldn’t argue with anything until Eleanor said at the end she thought Styles played well 😮

Bunch of genuine Sunderland fans doing a podcast

I think it’s alright, I think lately the criticism of the club wider is abit OTT, I know things haven’t been great this season.

I disagree with some of their criticisms but their passion for the club can’t be argued

They don’t seem to give the current structure any praise, say things like “using league one as a bench mark” well, fair enough, we shouldn’t have been in league one the current lot weren’t responsible for putting us there and keeping us there for so long. I think that criticism would be appropriate if it was thrown at Short had he got us out of league one

There’s lots of questions to be asked, Sartoris role, they says they aren’t wedded to the buy young direction but the evidence is to the contrary are the 2 I would have

I think Speakman, needs to speak less because he when he goes all LinkedIn and sound like he is on Jake Humphries podcast he lets himself down
I can only listen to the main two who do it. The rest just waffle on.
An underused term

Last edited:
I thought they got it absolutely spot on. Their criticisms of the game, the players and the club were all fair and well argued. They put the miles in and are passionate fans. Disagree with opinions if you like but your’e wrong if you equate that with anything other than supporters passion.The reaction show is much improved these days.

What to you mean 'so called fans'?
All they do is stir shite
Sorry like, but that's absolute bollocks. If you don't like it, that's fine - it's your choice - but all of them clearly love the club.
love themselves more. I love the club but I’m not begging for clicks and turning fans heads to do it. As you say, they’ve put themselves out there to be heroes so will have to accept the opinions.

All they do is stir shite

love themselves more. I love the club but I’m not begging for clicks and turning fans heads to do it. As you say, they’ve put themselves out there to be heroes so will have to accept the opinions.
Explain this bit to me please. They've offered their opinion, nothing more. Nobody is obligated to listen.

Back