RE7 in vr

jedi_toaster

Striker
People were raving about this as a vr experience so I thought I’d give it a go.

It’s not fun. It’s f***ing terrifying. You know when you watch a horror film and go ‘look at them idiots, why the fuck would they go into that scary looking house....twats’....well, that’s basically you, in this game. I call it a game, but really it is just a nightmare simulator. I’ve never had a nightmare, but this ‘game’ gave me the closest thing to bad dreams that I’ve ever had. That can’t be good....a ‘game’ so terrifying that it affects you on a psychological level? You are literally in a horror film. There was some daft twat chasing me round his house trying to kill me, I was hiding under tables peeking out to see if he was there. There were actually moments when I closed my eyes inside the vr headset because I was too scared. Absolutely stupid. I might have another go later......

And don’t get me started on that shark cage thing from PlayStation vr worlds. I had to take the headset off and do something else for a while. Terrifying.

It’s not fun. It’s f***ing terrifying. You know when you watch a horror film and go ‘look at them idiots, why the fuck would they go into that scary looking house....twats’....well, that’s basically you, in this game. I call it a game, but really it is just a nightmare simulator. I’ve never had a nightmare, but this ‘game’ gave me the closest thing to bad dreams that I’ve ever had. That can’t be good....a ‘game’ so terrifying that it affects you on a psychological level? You are literally in a horror film. There was some daft twat chasing me round his house trying to kill me, I was hiding under tables peeking out to see if he was there. There were actually moments when I closed my eyes inside the vr headset because I was too scared. Absolutely stupid. I might have another go later......

And don’t get me started on that shark cage thing from PlayStation vr worlds. I had to take the headset off and do something else for a while. Terrifying.

:lol::lol::lol: Are you ok mate?

I wouldnt even attempt to go near it!

I didn't think it was scary at all! Not sure if VR would enhance it, like, obviously haven't played it that way yet.

Some of the jump scares are quality mind :lol:

Horror games in VR is a good direction for them to go in. Imagine an Alien game in VR...

VR makes it much scarier mind.

Film horrors need to be made in VR, Alien Isolation in VR and then I would bet everyone would pap themselves.

I have completed RE7 but not in VR, all I thought throughout the game was "Some made tw*t is playing this in VR, for enjoyment!"

Some of the jump scares are quality mind :lol:

Horror games in VR is a good direction for them to go in. Imagine an Alien game in VR...

VR makes it much scarier mind.
I hate jump scares. They’re cheap. Alien Isolation had it spot on for ‘creeping terror’ where you just felt uneasy and scared. Jump scares are just used when the creator can’t do proper horror.

Aye, a fine investment. I can imagine its abundance of backwards compatible games look great in dynamic 4k.

Possibly. Too busy playing current gen games in glorious 4k HDR on the world's most powerful console. Fallout 3 has been enhanced so I will check that out and get back to you

Back