Rare/collectable SAFC replica shirts

I managed to snap up the 99-00 away with the reg Vardy sponsor and would say that is fairly rare, hardly see it for sale- lots of lambtons versions

Been having a clear out and found a few replica Lad's shirts for the last 20 years or so. Most are home colours but the odd away one as well. Various sizes from XXL right down to small (I used to be a big lad).

Just wondering if any of our shirts from that era have gone on to become rare or sought after? Had a look on ebay and it's hard to guage. Loads on there and some with hefty price tags but they're only worth what someone is prepared to pay. Any avid collectors on here who can tell me which ones I really should hang on to?
.. If you have one with Meyler on the back it might be worth a few .. Laughs ;) ..

Yeah they very rarely crop up on ebay. Find it and flog it!
Logically it probably didn't sell well because it was exactly the same kit as the previous year but with a different logo. I was a kid and had every kit but didn't buy that one.

Posted at the start of the thread that I had all the 90s and 00s Avec and Asics kits in my Mam's loft somewhere but in kids size. Have since found them - still love the green Lionel Perez 96/97 keeper top with the big fuck off shoulder pads. Wish I hadn't grown another 3 foot since then.

I managed to snap up the 99-00 away with the reg Vardy sponsor and would say that is fairly rare, hardly see it for sale- lots of lambtons versions
Yeah you see the lampton one all the time the reg vardy one seems rare. I got the yellow 94? Away top for less than £50 on eBay in fantastic condition was chuffed as it normally goes for close to double that.

I know where 2 are- 1 is fans museum and he had turned down over 2k for his

The other I won’t reveal as working on him but he wouldn’t accept 1200 for it a few month back- don’t get me wrong I havnt got the 1200 to buy it.

I reckon there are less than 50 of these knocking about. Time before squad numbers in the championship and 2/3 subs max all player issue too.
1200 would be a very good price if you could get it for that , they can go for double that
I've got the green Hummel keeper top from 92, got it new when I was a kid still in good condition and size XL what do you's think that is worth not that I would sell it but it must be quite rare I've never seen another one?
Around £150

Last edited:
Ruined an 84-85 home top in a drier which was too hot many years ago, still gutted it went pink. Patrick 86-87 kit the oldest I’ve got now, and did have the shorts - very strange material - up until a few years back

Ruined an 84-85 home top in a drier which was too hot many years ago, still gutted it went pink. Patrick 86-87 kit the oldest I’ve got now, and did have the shorts - very strange material - up until a few years back
That’s the oldest one I have (home and away). The socks were even weirder cos they had a shiny sparkly look to them.

They did have squad numbers - I’ve got Tony Normans. The number has been removed but you can see it had his number stitched onto it (13 or 14) with his name at the top. Thinking is he got a shirt in case he had to come on as an outfield player.

Logon or register to see this image
Why would Norman have had one? :lol:

Did a fella called Norman not just get his first name on the kit?

Last edited:
A match worn home shirt from that Hummel range sold for over 600 quid on eBay last month.

Any third shirt you see will at least be player issue and would go for similar if not more IMO.

For anyone that wants one of them, the best hope is Hummel reproduce it under the new kit deal.
Surely they will do as they reproduce old kits for others like Spurs and Coventry. I have the yellow Hummel Spurs official reproduction its class. If SAFC do it I'd be buying them all tbh

Why would Norman have had one? :lol:

Did a fella called Norman not just get his first name on the kit?

Like I said earlier, the only reason I can think of would be if he had to be brought on as an outfield player (one of the other two named subs got injured during warm up).

Obviously that never happened but his name and squad number were put on the back of that shirt

When I bought it was also signed by Tony Norman. First thing I did though was put in the wash and the signature washed out so it was definitely his shirt

Last edited:
Like I said earlier, the only reason I can think of would be if he had to be brought on as an outfield player (one of the other two named subs got injured during warm up).

Obviously that never happened but his name and squad number were put on the back of that shirt

When I bought it was also signed by Tony Norman. First thing I did though was put in the wash and the signature washed out so it was definitely his shirt
Terry Norman from Suddick.

Anyone interested in the blue lamptons away kit? Very decent condition as it was hardly work. A few clicks. XL size I think. I see them in eBay but can’t be bothered with the faf of listing on there.

Been thinking about this, surely the keepers tops in adults sizes are rhe rarest. The likes of the 1994 one is mental

So this is my rare shirt that I've had in my possession for decades. It's the iconic 91/94 Hummel away shirt with one obvious difference. The sponsor is Nissan as opposed to VAUX. Unlike the iron on felt Vaux lettering, the Nissan logo is within the shirts fabric (essentially like the 1997 Avec shirts). It's a genuine Hummel shirt with an embroidery club badge meaning this was intended for players only.

Now I've tried to work out the origin of this shirt some years ago. From correspondence with fans, club historian Rob Mason & even Hummel. None of yielded any definitive answers. Nissan sadly didn't respond to my e-mails.

That said the overall consensus was that the shirt was produced for the local Nissan football team who played in one of the Northern leagues. However when I researched this lead I couldn't find any imagery or evidence of its existence.

Another theory was that the shirt was produced for the clubs Youth team. However through old programmes & annuals I still haven't seen any evidence of its use, only the Vaux logo version.

So it very much remains an enigma. I posted about this nearly a decade ago on this forum so as we're talking about rare shirts I thought I'd share again. It's a treasured item amongst my collection & I'm hopeful a definitive answer will be unearthed.

At least it showcases how incredible a Nissan sponsorship would have looked.

View media item 12404
View media item 12403
View media item 12402

So this is my rare shirt that I've had in my possession for decades. It's the iconic 91/94 Hummel away shirt with one obvious difference. The sponsor is Nissan as opposed to VAUX. Unlike the iron on felt Vaux lettering, the Nissan logo is within the shirts fabric (essentially like the 1997 Avec shirts). It's a genuine Hummel shirt with an embroidery club badge meaning this was intended for players only.

Now I've tried to work out the origin of this shirt some years ago. From correspondence with fans, club historian Rob Mason & even Hummel. None of yielded any definitive answers. Nissan sadly didn't respond to my e-mails.

That said the overall consensus was that the shirt was produced for the local Nissan football team who played in one of the Northern leagues. However when I researched this lead I couldn't find any imagery or evidence of its existence.

Another theory was that the shirt was produced for the clubs Youth team. However through old programmes & annuals I still haven't seen any evidence of its use, only the Vaux logo version.

So it very much remains an enigma. I posted about this nearly a decade ago on this forum so as we're talking about rare shirts I thought I'd share again. It's a treasured item amongst my collection & I'm hopeful a definitive answer will be unearthed.

At least it showcases how incredible a Nissan sponsorship would have looked.

View media item 12404
View media item 12403
View media item 12402
Thats amazing! Love these mysterious shirts that nobody really knows where they came from

Back