Rare/collectable SAFC replica shirts

How much would that cost in decent condition
I know where 2 are- 1 is fans museum and he had turned down over 2k for his

The other I won’t reveal as working on him but he wouldn’t accept 1200 for it a few month back- don’t get me wrong I havnt got the 1200 to buy it.

I reckon there are less than 50 of these knocking about. Time before squad numbers in the championship and 2/3 subs max all player issue too.

I recon the Sunderland’79’ Umbro silky one could be a fetcher, nobody makes it neither , loved that top as a kid remember getting it for Xmas & it just looked amazing with the living room light on as I opened the wrapping paper.

I’ve seen online they do make but are they the same ? Has to be silky looking & shiny 😯
Think the 79 shirt was my first new one, hand me down shirts from brothers before that.

The other I won’t reveal as working on him but he wouldn’t accept 1200 for it a few month back- don’t get me wrong I havnt got the 1200 to buy it.

I reckon there are less than 50 of these knocking about. Time before squad numbers in the championship and 2/3 subs max all player issue too.
Wow incredible prices :-O

They did have squad numbers - I’ve got Tony Normans. The number has been removed but you can see it had his number stitched onto it (13 or 14) with his name at the top. Thinking is he got a shirt in case he had to come on as an outfield player.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

wow, i knew about the asics kit options but never knew about the other two he discovered at the end of the video. The last one is nice

They did have squad numbers - I’ve got Tony Normans. The number has been removed but you can see it had his number stitched onto it (13 or 14) with his name at the top. Thinking is he got a shirt in case he had to come on as an outfield player.

My thinking would be subs if 2 were 12 and 14 not regularly was 13 used.

But also I’m sure I’ve seen a Melville with 19 on so possibly a training shirt, a pre season game or we did embrace squad numbers earlier than I thought. But also thought the year we were promoted 98/99 we were 1-11. Premier league was squad numbers by then I think.

But you have a good bit of kit on your hands, I rank that and the blue Hummel keeper top as worn by Norman and carter which was identical to the green cup final one as 2 I want

Last edited:

But also I’m sure I’ve seen a Melville with 19 on so possibly a training shirt, a pre season game or we did embrace squad numbers earlier than I thought. But also thought the year we were promoted 98/99 we were 1-11. Premier league was squad numbers by then I think.

But you have a good bit of kit on your hands, I rank that and the blue Hummel keeper top as worn by Norman and carter which was identical to the green cup final one as 2 I want
Squad numbers optional from 1993 League Cup Final onwards for EFL clubs, mandatory for Premier League.

EFL Made it compulsory in 99/00, obviously we would have had them in the 96/97 season so might have just kept them from then.

We definitely had squad numbers that season so the old sub numbers were no longer the norm.

Quick edit

Last edited:
I've got the green Hummel keeper top from 92, got it new when I was a kid still in good condition and size XL what do you's think that is worth not that I would sell it but it must be quite rare I've never seen another one?

Wow no foreign players in our side n 3 in villas.
Imagine comparison now!!! 😳
Jamie Lawrence was Jamaican
Totally different now isn’t it.

That’s a canny Villa team too and we game them an absolute hiding that night bit still lost….so maybe not totally different
They had two players turn up that night, Bosnich played like he was on something and Tony Daley tore us apart.
I've a match worn Michael Ingham goalkeeper shirt with a poppy on the front from one of the auctions, bid for it because it was cheaper and cleaner than Poom's was. Also once it was in the frame with the poppy facing out there was no way of knowing which keeper wore it 😆
Wow no foreign players in our side n 3 in villas.
Imagine comparison now!!! 😳

I also count 8 "foreigners" in the Villa Team.

Last edited:

Back