Random food items that give you the shits

I'm the same with spinach - always induces several colonic surges..... non-alcoholic beer also has the same effect - generally because it over carbonised..

I Tend to have a canny bit of fruit each morning, chop it up and have it with very thick yoghurt, a drizzle of honey and a bit granola for crunch. Tastes great but cam't keep off the pot. Me white calvins look like a Japanese flag by the end of the day.

On occasion I'm partial to a Mexican Folded pizza from Uno. I also add jalapenos.

I know I'll be bad the next day. It's intestinal suicide but completely worth it.

Other than that, nothing that I've noticed.

Nay lad like Acropolis type Greece. Olympics, gyros, souvlaki, that sort of kit.

it was Souvlaki that gave me the worst ever shits in the history of gastric upsets.

I was in a villa in Agios Nicolas in Crete. Of the bottomless lake myth. Had this souvo and then spent three days unable to leave the villa. Even a drink of water was straight through me. I only had one magazine to read on the bog. I could remember every single word! I could not face food - all I wanted to eat was a Supermousse but they did not sell them in Crete.

Whenever I smell oregano I think of that holiday.
Your cultured as f**k you Jeffers 😲

I’ve stopped now, but coffee used to play havoc with my bowels. Used to go into work desperate to drop a todd every hour because I’d be drinking it to get me through the day

So I have been thinking about random food items that inevitably give me the shits. Spinach for sure, don’t know why. I can eat cabbage, kale, other greens no problem but spinach has me rushing to the bog in a state. Another one is sun dried tomatoes. I can eat hods of normal tomatoes but eat a couple of sun dried ones and it’s f***ing grim. What are your shits inducing random foods?
Cheesy chips :cool:

I suffer with Crohn's and pretty much anything can give me the shits in as little as 60 seconds after I've eaten it. Wouldn't be the first time I've had to chuck the anchor out to stop my train and do the speed walk to the bog

Jalapenos.

Hot food and other peppers are fine but jalapenos give me that crippling colonic blast.
Same here. No (gastrointestinal) problem with fresh chillies. I like fresh Jalapeños and eat them in salsa and use in cooking etc without issue, but those pickled ones kill me. It doesn’t take many either.

I have 100 grams of this for my breakfast every day like.

Can confirm it helps you shit :lol:
I make my own brand up, smallish bowl on its own its about 3x the recommended fibre intake .
2 Weetabix ( as it soaks the milk) , pure wheat bran , flax seed , raw oats and mixed seeds, chia seed . I generally process a full 36 pack of bix and additionals all in a processor and store so i dont have to clart on daily.
Stick 6 dried prunes in a serving and bingo 10 mins after morning cuppa.
I like it cos it means even if i have a low fibre food day jobs done

For anyone who mentioned immediate issues after fish and chips, that happened to me a lot, then got diagnosed as a coeliac. Gluten intolerance to the batter could be the cause. Also allergy to celery is a real thing for some people

I make my own brand up, smallish bowl on its own its about 3x the recommended fibre intake .
2 Weetabix ( as it soaks the milk) , pure wheat bran , flax seed , raw oats and mixed seeds, chia seed . I generally process a full 36 pack of bix and additionals all in a processor and store so i dont have to clart on daily.
Stick 6 dried prunes in a serving and bingo 10 mins after morning cuppa.
I like it cos it means even if i have a low fibre food day jobs done
Sounds ideal that. Think it's relatively hard to get the daily intake of fibre in the modern diet without purposely eating high fibre foods.

Sounds ideal that. Think it's relatively hard to get the daily intake of fibre in the modern diet without purposely eating high fibre foods.
Yeah.

It’s wrong that the default for many is processed food with all the good stuff ripped out of it. It doesn’t help that these also happen to be the cheapest options.

Back