Radicalisation in British Prisons

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...alised-in-prison_uk_58d641b4e4b02a2eaab4782c?

The terrorist in Westminister gained his extremist beliefs during his time in Prison.

As the article notes, there's a significant problem of extremist Islam spreading in our prison system, what's causing it? how can it be dealt with?
I saw this on the news and they said he was radicalized in prison, now considering he spent a number of years in Saudi Arabia I think he was probably done there and the news is skirting round this.

It's not just here that this is a problem. ISIS was formed in prisions in Iraq when all of the radicals where put together with the Saddam loyalists after the invasion. Result a lot of ex army officers were radicalised. The same mistake is made time and again, locking up radicals with others always results I training camps for the radical movement. The same thing happened in Ireland in the 1910's and in India between the two world wars. The knee jerk reaction of just locking them up often has unintended consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back