Racism in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

When will the black players learn to stay away from these uncivilized nations? They should collectively refuse to play for or in any nation that can’t stand up and decry this tribalism. Stop putting money into the coffers of the racists.

And classy refereeing

Kamil Rogólski (@K_Rogolski) Tweeted:
Znowu rasistowski skandal na Ukrainie. Taison nie wytrzymał, pokazał faka i wykopał piłkę w kierunku sektora Dynama. Sędzia kazał opuścić boisko obu drużynom. Taison dostał cz. kartkę.

Ofensas racistas da torcida do Dynamo de Kiev contra jogadores do Shakhtar, Taison e Dentinho. Kamil Rogólski on Twitter

I spend a fair amount of time in Ukraine,and go to games regularly in different parts of the country.

The element of 'supporters' who are involved in this appalling behaviour is very small,and a separate entity from the Dynamo ''Ultras' who regularly seem to be lumped into all this kind of thing.An ultra nationalist group known as 'Rodychi' are responsible for most of this at Kyiv;the vast majority of fans at Dynamo are normal,well behaved football supporters who take no part in anything like the much publicised actions of a small group of far right ultra-nationalists-they don't like their behaviour either,believe me. The Dnipro lot are worse.

It's also interesting to note comments from posters who've probably never been to the country,and have no real experience of the people or life there. I spent last Saturday in Ocean Plaza shopping Mall in central Kyiv,stopping off for a coffee here and there whilst mooching around the shops. There were many ethnicities,as usual,just going about their normal everyday lives and getting on with things, as is normal in the city.I know Ukrainians married to and in relationships with people of African decent,Indian,Chinese and many others,so to call a whole nation 'backwards' on the basis of a group of football thugs isn't really accurate in 2019 Kyiv,or the wider Ukraine. People are,in general,pretty tolerant,very friendly,inquisitive and open minded in my experience-certainly more so than Russia-but that's a generational thing mainly,and things are changing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spend a fair amount of time in Ukraine,and go to games regularly in different parts of the country.

The element of 'supporters' who are involved in this appalling behaviour is very small,and a separate entity from the Dynamo ''Ultras' who regularly seem to be lumped into all this kind of thing.An ultra nationalist group known as 'Rodychi' are responsible for most of this at Kyiv;the vast majority of fans at Dynamo are normal,well behaved football supporters who take no part in anything like the much publicised actions of a small group of far right ultra-nationalists-they don't like their behaviour either,believe me. The Dnipro lot are worse.

It's also interesting to note comments from posters who've probably never been to the country,and have no real experience of the people or life there. I spent last Saturday in Ocean Plaza shopping Mall in central Kyiv,stopping off for a coffee here and there whilst mooching around the shops. There were many ethnicities,as usual,just going about their normal everyday lives and getting on with things, as is normal in the city.I know Ukrainians married to and in relationships with people of African decent,Indian,Chinese and many others,so to call a whole nation 'backwards' on the basis of a group of football thugs isn't really accurate in 2019 Kyiv,or the wider Ukraine. People are,in general,pretty tolerant,very friendly,inquisitive and open minded in my experience-certainly more so than Russia-but that's a generational thing mainly,and things are changing.
Good post marra..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back