R now below 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's going down irrespective of a non existing lockdown but because it's likely that by far the biggest percentage of the population.has more than likely already had it and had no symptoms or just got on with it...
Just my opinion working out the odds of probability

So are you saying that we need not have locked down, and that the only reason we did is to prevent the public perception of the NHS failing?

Yes

I believe they think completely screwing our economy is preferable to the optic of beds in corridors and doctors unable to cope

I’m not sure what u are saying, I hope it’s not that we should of let the disease run riot and accept the consequential death toll as a price to pay for saving the economy !

I think we should protect the most vulnerable and let the rest of us decide what we want to do

I think we should protect the most vulnerable and let the rest of us decide what we want to do

17m people are eligible for the flu vaccine. How do we protect 17m people?

The GBD says we could do this but doesn’t say how, beyond putting them on extended furlough and delivering their shopping.

Funny they published this in October when they knew a vaccine was coming anyways. Great timing to publish something everyone would like but with no time for it to ever be actually tested anywhere.

Last edited:
Deaths would have just kept going up and up and up though. Is it still an optic if it’s the truth?

I dread to think what the excess no covid deaths will be - 27,000 up till September

Up to 3 million unemployed

The cost benefit analysis could be interesting

There's no such thing as Covid south of Watford..

Hell On in Kent and Home Counties -Tory MPS shouting their mouths off about being in Tier 3. Self-serving Bellends.

Another U Turn on the way for Churchill?
Kent is a shit hole. Just protect Surrey.

I dread to think what the excess no covid deaths will be - 27,000 up till September

That isn’t an answer to what I asked you though. Cases wouldn’t have slowed how they did after lockdown so deaths wouldn’t have either.

How can it be an optic if it’s the truth? They didn’t lockdown to avoid the perception of mass fatalities in care homes and hospitals...they locked down to avoid the reality of it.

Please can you provide evidence for your figures re excess? Not doubting it outright but I’m sceptical of figures just thrown out in that manner.

Yes

I believe they think completely screwing our economy is preferable to the optic of beds in corridors and doctors unable to cope
Only one country let it rip and the demographics of sweeden gave it a chance of working.
Look at the hospital situation now ? All economy's have taken a hit so I don't even see your point

how many excess deaths would there be with covd allowed to run riot ?

That isn’t an answer to what I asked you though. Cases wouldn’t have slowed how they did after lockdown so deaths wouldn’t have either.

How can it be an optic if it’s the truth? They didn’t lockdown to avoid the perception of mass fatalities in care homes and hospitals...they locked down to avoid the reality of it.

Please can you provide evidence for your figures re excess? Not doubting it outright but I’m sceptical of figures just thrown out in that manner.

we will never know the true figure of excess deaths due to covid because there has been no accurate figures of how many people have died of covid.

Trying to accurately estimate excess deaths due to covid restrictions is going to be almost impossible

we will never know the true figure of excess deaths due to covid because there has been no accurate figures of how many people have died of covid.

Trying to accurately estimate excess deaths due to covid restrictions is going to be almost impossible
66k on the death certificate for covd. Seems pretty accurate.

The simple excess we use is actual deaths in any given timeframe, minus average deaths in any timeframe, ideally as a rate per population.

There are fewer deaths with COVID as a cause, than there are excess deaths in total for sure.

I don’t agree though that there is no accurate reporting of COVID deaths. There is.

A lot of the excess deaths were due to lockdown eg missed cancer diagnoses and also likely the mishandling of care homes how many actually died of covid is a mystery as every death is recorded as within 28 days of a positive test

A lot of the excess deaths were due to lockdown eg missed cancer diagnoses and also likely the mishandling of care homes how many actually died of covid is a mystery as every death is recorded as within 28 days of a positive test
Folk like you are my only mystery.

Why is it that almost every poster on here who is a new member is a sceptic of measures to reduce the spread of COVID?

They all also seem to have the same style of posting. Curious.

One measure is deaths within 28 days. Another is deaths within 60 days. Another is COVID being on the death certificate.

There are more ways to count COVID deaths than you claim. It isn’t a mystery how many people have died of COVID, see death certificates.
Folk like you are my only mystery.

it’ll be one of the usual gang posting under yet another new username

Why is it that almost every poster on here who is a new member is a sceptic of measures to reduce the spread of COVID?

They all also seem to have the same style of posting. Curious.

One measure is deaths within 28 days. Another is deaths within 60 days. Another is COVID being on the death certificate.

There are more ways to count COVID deaths than you claim. It isn’t a mystery how many people have died of COVID, see death certificates.

it’ll be one of the usual gang posting under yet another new username
They are like robots as you say.
They all regurgitate the same crap word for word.

I think a lot of the COVID measures are politics...let's have it right we all know a public enquiry is coming down the track and no politician wants deaths on their hands , so while there is any chance whatsoever of data suggesting they could go further with lockdown etc. they will always side with caution.

I'm not saying the measures are right or wrong...just that those taking them don't have the same free mind as citizens IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back