Rúben Amorim agrees to Liverpool job

Seem to recall seeing us beat Sporting Lisbon 2/1 in some European competition, but lost the second leg away 2/0, probably 1973

It will be a similar story to when Fergie left United.

100% especially with the current squad, Henderson gone, Mane and Firminol gone, Salah, Alisson, VVD all on the decline. Similar scenario with the question mark over whether the younger players will be able to be as good as the spine of his successful team.

I do think Klopp is leaving the squad in a healthier position than Ferguson did at Man United. Off the park Liverpool are in a better state as well.

Still a really tough act to follow given his popularity and success there but he’s leaving them in good nick.
Agreed. United had several key players on their last legs, whereas Liverpool have quality youngsters in many positions, and this manager seems to have won some trophies already as opposed to Moyes.

And United had Ed Woodward.

Do people actually follow football?

Not really, modern football is absolutely shite. Only interest in Sunlun these days out of loyalty and it representing our city and region.

What the likes of Liverpool etc do has no real bearing or impact on us. Unless they randomly want to poach Doddsy & Proctor or come in for one of good young players like Rigg for example.

You don't want to be the man to replace Klopp, you want to be the man after the replacement. I think Xabi Alonso realises this but on the other hand, you might never get the chance again. Liverpool will have to replace Salah this summer and possibly Van Dijk in the near future, it's not going to be easy.
Perhaps Alonso would prefer the Real Madrid job. Ancelotti has already been there three years.

I honestly couldn't name all of the current Premier League managers.
I actually couldn't give a fck about the PL at all, tbh! :lol:

Football is waaaay down my list of interests, but I love SAFC. The rest of football is pretty much of no interest to me, even more so these days.

Back