Question For Plasterers (thrill seekers - there's nothing here for you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ripping out the old drywall and fitting new ones in the bathroom. I'll be using adhesive (silicon or whatever) to attach bathroom panels to the new drywall. Is there any point in having the drywall skimmed with browning before I do this? After all it'll be hidden ? I'm in the process of screwing the drywall to the stud wall frame and was just thinking about taping the joints, applying some mix to the joints, sanding and fixing the final panels.

If you intend to tile over it then there's a very good reason to skim it, to give you a nice flat surface.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say bathroom panels mind, gypsum is very water soluble so anything to protect it a bit is just common sense IMO.

If you intend to tile over it then there's a very good reason to skim it, to give you a nice flat surface.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say bathroom panels mind, gypsum is very water soluble so anything to protect it a bit is just common sense IMO.

I think he means them hideous PVC panels instead of tiling.

Lazy bastard.

I'm definitely not tiling over it Bongo.
The final wall covering will be either those bathroom panels/sheets/boards of plastic or some such thing that you simply silicon onto the drywall (I noticed some plastic laminated hardboard material in B & Q yesterday that is probably better but is much the same thing)

Bless Mickey, scrim was made from hessian before they used fibreglass you bell end.
Stick to following mini round or using your real log in SBC.

Scrim is a generic term referrring to a woven fabric and nobody mentioned fibreglass other than you (I'll abstain from calling you a bellend at this point as you kind of made your own point on this anyway). Hessian, fibreglass or even way back horse hair, they've all been used to "bond" plaster.

I know this SBC log-in is your lastest font of mirth, but its already tiresome, so behave. You're making yourself look more of a dickhead than usual.

I'm definitely not tiling over it Bongo.
The final wall covering will be either those bathroom panels/sheets/boards of plastic or some such thing that you simply silicon onto the drywall (I noticed some plastic laminated hardboard material in B & Q yesterday that is probably better but is much the same thing)

Skim it and PVA it if you want it to last any length of time.

Take no notice of this Cunt, he's talking a load of shite!!

More qualified than you now you old ****, got your diploma in construction and your trade jib card?
I thought not.

Scrim is a generic term referrring to a woven fabric and nobody mentioned fibreglass other than you (I'll abstain from calling you a bellend at this point as you kind of made your own point on this anyway). Hessian, fibreglass or even way back horse hair, they've all been used to "bond" plaster.

I know this SBC log-in is your lastest font of mirth, but its already tiresome, so behave. You're making yourself look more of a dickhead than usual.

Mickey, we all know you're a bell end at the best of times but you're coming across as a complete f***ing cock end now.
And we all know SBC is your cleverer log in.

I use it everyday mate, but if you've had a decent plaster you shouldn't be able to see it until you want to rip it out, as a rule of thumb the thickness you need to cover it is the thickness of the skim for the whole area.

I rest my case that this Endon 4th storey flat tenant has never has owned a very successful castering business in the North West :lol::lol:

Obviously a hybrid plastering/ catering business.His others include a plumbchanics business and a politiconomics firm
Lets hope he knows more about these businesses than he does about plastering then eh! he just shown me he knows fuck all with the post I highlighted like..:lol: f***ing diluties!

Lets hope he knows more about these businesses than he does about plastering then eh! he just shown me he knows fuck all with the post I highlighted like..:lol: f***ing diluties!

In fairness to him mind teed that's what thought scrim was for, to fill out the edges on beveled boards?

In fairness to him mind teed that's what thought scrim was for, to fill out the edges on beveled boards?

Er nor!!! it's to stop the joints cracking, the most basic plastering knowledge
and dilutie Bong didn't know! this sums the daft twat up.

Er nor!!! it's to stop the joints cracking, the most basic plastering knowledge
and dilutie Bong didn't know! this sums the daft twat up.

Teed on the verge again, it's joint tape,where the boards meet the wall at the edges is just another joint.
Poor Teed, he went down hill so fast as well.

There's very few plasterers now, mainly diluties like Bongo..:lol:

More qualified than you you old scrote, now then , about these old time dilutey wood hackers.

Teed on the verge again, it's joint tape,where the boards meet the wall at the edges is just another joint.
Poor Teed, he went down hill so fast as well.

More qualified than you you old scrote, now then , about these old time dilutey wood hackers.
Don't be a f***ing idiot all your life, you're wrong again. dilties are just that poor diluted tradesmen, that don't know the first thing about the trade they claim to be skilled at...:lol: Wanker!

And what a fuck on if you want it redoing the same.
Laths and plaster, making sure you get the right amount to mushroom but not too much to drop off, it's no wonder plasterboard was invented but we still get a lot round here that want it doing the old way.
One of the bonuses of going to college and learning the old techniques, not many people can do it these days.

Did you cover the old techniques in the 3rd or 4th week of your course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back