Put a flat earthier into space

The problem with flat earthers is proven on this thread. There have always been people who have been misinformed then formed a severe cognitive bias so that any and all evidence contrary to their decision is ignored while obviously flawed "evidence" in favour of their belief is quoted as literal gospel.

The problem isn't those people, it is our engagement with them. The constant always on, always consuming content nature of the internet, social media and modernised comment- and consumption- driven classic media has led to a genuine belief that "my ignorant belief should be as respected as your knowledgeable one". People then discuss the foolishness with the fool on those terms and the very second you give them the impression you are having a discussion about a foolish belief in terms of "science" then as far as they are concerned they are having a scientific discussion about two competing scientific theories. They will invent more pseudo scientific arguments around their belief and the fact they are actually and obviously even dumber than the original belief doesn't matter - by discussing them in these terms, even entirely negatively, you are fuelling their delusion.

The fact this ignorance feedback loop is actually now being weaponised by profit driven corporations and politicians is seriously concerning but really all that is needed to stop it dead is for people to stop engaging.

The problem with flat earthers is proven on this thread. There have always been people who have been misinformed then formed a severe cognitive bias so that any and all evidence contrary to their decision is ignored while obviously flawed "evidence" in favour of their belief is quoted as literal gospel.

The problem isn't those people, it is our engagement with them. The constant always on, always consuming content nature of the internet, social media and modernised comment- and consumption- driven classic media has led to a genuine belief that "my ignorant belief should be as respected as your knowledgeable one". People then discuss the foolishness with the fool on those terms and the very second you give them the impression you are having a discussion about a foolish belief in terms of "science" then as far as they are concerned they are having a scientific discussion about two competing scientific theories. They will invent more pseudo scientific arguments around their belief and the fact they are actually and obviously even dumber than the original belief doesn't matter - by discussing them in these terms, even entirely negatively, you are fuelling their delusion.

The fact this ignorance feedback loop is actually now being weaponised by profit driven corporations and politicians is seriously concerning but really all that is needed to stop it dead is for people to stop engaging.

Good post.

His face when that happens man. Obvs faulty equipment.

Jeranism is a grifter who no more believes the Earth is flat than you and I. The daft bugger was recorded admitting it. After that documentary he's pretty much faded out of sight in the FE "community".

That's the wrong frame of reference when arguing this point.

Your plane is a sealed unit whereas the supposed global spinning Earth has to carry the atmosphere with it at over 1000 mph.
It's like saying a plane will carry the atmosphere with it; external to it as it flies.

And also if people use the plane as a supposed analogy then they can't then use the coriolis effect.
They can't have it both ways.

The Earth carries the atmosphere with it because of gravity and 4.567 billion years worth of friction. You do not measure the rotation of the earth in mph, it's linear speed is irrelevant. It rotates at 15 degrees per hour, half the speed of the hour hand on a clock, imperceptibly slow.

Explain why the Coriolis effect has any bearing on using a plane as a frame of reference, in fact please explain the Coriolis effect in your own words.

The Earth carries the atmosphere with it because of gravity and 4.567 billion years worth of friction. You do not measure the rotation of the earth in mph, it's linear speed is irrelevant. It rotates at 15 degrees per hour, half the speed of the hour hand on a clock, imperceptibly slow.

Good explanation that.
Although do you mean minute hand?

Edit.
No you don't.

I'm on no wind up but I can't decide who wants to think it. That's up to whoever.

Also, like I've said many many times on here, I don't follow flat discs and turtles/elephants and what not holding it up.

I do follow that water seeks it's level and conforms to the container it is put in. Basically flat and level when calm and certainly not curved convexly.

You (being an idiot) keep banging on about flat liquids in containers - the earths curvature is around 8 inches per mile with a mile being 63360 inches hence the earth drops by 1.263 x 10-4 inches per inch of measured distance. If your bath is 6 feet long (72 inches) then even if it conformed exactly to the curvature of the earth the drop between one and and the other would be 0.0091 inches or 0.23mm - so can you perceive a drop of 0.23mm in your bath? If not then how can you prove liquid is flat moron.
Jeranism is a grifter who no more believes the Earth is flat than you and I. The daft bugger was recorded admitting it. After that documentary he's pretty much faded out of sight in the FE "community".

Explain why the Coriolis effect has any bearing on using a plane as a frame of reference, in fact please explain the Coriolis effect in your own words.

He doesn't understand the difference between liner and rotational speed - amongst an immense list of other things he doesn't understand and doesn't care as he revels in being a zany moron.

Last edited:
You (being an idiot) keep banging on about flat liquids in containers - the earths curvature is around 8 inches per mile with a mile being 63360 inches hence the earth drops by 1.263 x 10-4 inches per inch of measured distance. If your bath is 6 feet long (72 inches) then even if it conformed exactly to the curvature of the earth the drop between one and and the other would be 0.0091 inches or 0.23mm - so can you perceive a drop of 0.23mm in your bath? If not then how can you prove liquid is flat moron.

He doesn't understand the difference between liner and rotational speed - amongst an immense list of other things he doesn't understand and doesn't care as he revels in being a zany moron.
:lol:

"Do you have proof of that?"

I think there are a few questions that always come up on these threads which generally sums up the situation:
1) Can you directly observe the earth is a spinning globe? Yes
2) Can you use observational evidence to prove mathematically that the earth can only be a spinning globe? Yes
3) Can you use some of the above to explain in a reasonable way to an 8 year old? Yes
4) Can you use the above to explain it in a way the likes of Nucastlefan fan understand? No - some things are just far too difficult.

I think there are a few questions that always come up on these threads which generally sums up the situation:
1) Can you directly observe the earth is a spinning globe? Yes
2) Can you use observational evidence to prove mathematically that the earth can only be a spinning globe? Yes
3) Can you use some of the above to explain in a reasonable way to an 8 year old? Yes
4) Can you use the above to explain it in a way the likes of Nucastlefan fan understand? No - some things are just far too difficult.

You can change the minds of 50 academics with one fact but you can't convince one moron with 50 facts.

Bairn was telling me the other day that there are people out there who don't think .... Greenland exist
The Greenland Conspiracy. As briefly documented in Underworld by Don Delillo. For a place so big, why has no one ever been there? Or met anyone from there? Why does it keep changing its shape and size on maps?

No one goes there or lives there because it's a miserable icy hell hole. It appears differently on maps because of the Mercator projection.

I once meet a woman from Greenland. Wad.
What a totally insane thread

Last edited:

Back