Put a flat earthier into space

@Nukehasslefan

I believe its a globe but having watched a load of interviews with Donald Hoffman recently I keep an open mind. I think your confidence outweighs your ability to understand what you are saying. You come across as absolutely sure yet you can't prove your theory or produce any credible evidence. Big claims require big evidence and you don't have any to even suggest the current model is incorrect.

If you truly believed what you are saying then you would go to the edge and document it as evidence. Until you find the edge your theory has no place in modern science and is rightly being shot down in flames by people who understand the current model.
He doesn’t believe any of it. He’s a wum that’s all. The more that people engage with him the more he will post as that’s what gives him his kicks.

I think there are a few questions that always come up on these threads which generally sums up the situation:
1) Can you directly observe the earth is a spinning globe? Yes
2) Can you use observational evidence to prove mathematically that the earth can only be a spinning globe? Yes
3) Can you use some of the above to explain in a reasonable way to an 8 year old? Yes
4) Can you use the above to explain it in a way the likes of Nucastlefan fan understand? No - some things are just far too difficult.
I always admire your patience in deconstructing the dribbling idiot’s proclamations on here, but there are two more fundamental question themes that need to be added to the above:

1. what is the purpose or rationale that explains why “they” are keeping us in the dark over this? Why do “they” persist in spreading the big lie about a spheroid earth? What purpose does it serve and who gains by proclaiming the world is spheroid when it’s really flat?

2. how have “they” managed to keep it a secret for so long? The world over every airline pilot, ships captain, astronaut, weatherman, geography teacher, meteorologist, climatologist, astronomer, astrophysicist, mission control worker at NASA, SpaceX, ballistic expert, sniper, et al, has been “in” on this big lie for the last 450 odd years and only a couple of dribbling morons on the SMB have been privy to it. All the others have managed to keep schtum throughout wars, pestilence, famine and plague. Even before the age of telegraph, telephone, email etc. they keep their conspiracy intact. Not one of them have sold their story to the tabs for a huge sum, but the rest of us dumb schmucks have been fooled.

I always admire your patience in deconstructing the dribbling idiot’s proclamations on here, but there are two more fundamental question themes that need to be added to the above:

1. what is the purpose or rationale that explains why “they” are keeping us in the dark over this? Why do “they” persist in spreading the big lie about a spheroid earth? What purpose does it serve and who gains by proclaiming the world is spheroid when it’s really flat?

2. how have “they” managed to keep it a secret for so long? The world over every airline pilot, ships captain, astronaut, weatherman, geography teacher, meteorologist, climatologist, astronomer, astrophysicist, mission control worker at NASA, SpaceX, ballistic expert, sniper, et al, has been “in” on this big lie for the last 450 odd years and only a couple of dribbling morons on the SMB have been privy to it. All the others have managed to keep schtum throughout wars, pestilence, famine and plague. Even before the age of telegraph, telephone, email etc. they keep their conspiracy intact. Not one of them have sold their story to the tabs for a huge sum, but the rest of us dumb schmucks have been fooled.

This is the question I've asked about it from day one. Why would there be any benefit in lying about it?

There is no benefit other than in the mind of the person making the claim. In other words, “you’re just a sheep, but I know better, I’m enlightened”.
Whether the topic is flat earth or the fallacy of anti covid vaccines or whatever else, I’ve noticed a trend among conspiracy theorists. They usually didn’t do well academically. This is not an indictment in itself, as there are plenty of intelligent people who for a number of reasons didn’t do well in the comprehensive ‘one size fits all’ school system, but at some point in their lives the flat earth dribblers and their ilk realise a personal insecurity at not having gained any academic qualifications, so rather than take themselves back to school / college to get their diplomas they ‘contract out’ and use the fallacy of their ‘superior’ and ‘exclusive’ knowledge as a way to counter their insecurity at not having obtained conventional academic success. People with formal qualifications are written off as sheep or ‘elites’ (what a pointless but alarmingly fashionable adjective that has become) as being “in” on the exclusive knowledge of a conspiracy allows them to fool themselves into thinking that their intellect is just as valid, if not greater as it was obtained through unconventional means.

The amount of times I’ve read these clowns admonishing doubters to “do their research” when their own “research” is so often originated from non-peer-reviewed nut job sources, usually with an axe to grind or an ulterior motive (money!).

In the past a flat earth moron would come out with this shit down the pub and his mates would tell him to fuck off and get a grip. Conversation over. Nowadays they get on the internet and form online communities of self-serving like-minded dribblers who realise they are not alone and have an Avenue to spread around and increase their beliefs in their misguided cobblers.

Whether the topic is flat earth or the fallacy of anti covid vaccines or whatever else, I’ve noticed a trend among conspiracy theorists. They usually didn’t do well academically. This is not an indictment in itself, as there are plenty of intelligent people who for a number of reasons didn’t do well in the comprehensive ‘one size fits all’ school system, but at some point in their lives the flat earth dribblers and their ilk realise a personal insecurity at not having gained any academic qualifications, so rather than take themselves back to school / college to get their diplomas they ‘contract out’ and use the fallacy of their ‘superior’ and ‘exclusive’ knowledge as a way to counter their insecurity at not having obtained conventional academic success. People with formal qualifications are written off as sheep or ‘elites’ (what a pointless but alarmingly fashionable adjective that has become) as being “in” on the exclusive knowledge of a conspiracy allows them to fool themselves into thinking that their intellect is just as valid, if not greater as it was obtained through unconventional means.

The amount of times I’ve read these clowns admonishing doubters to “do their research” when their own “research” is so often originated from non-peer-reviewed nut job sources, usually with an axe to grind or an ulterior motive (money!).

In the past a flat earth moron would come out with this shit down the pub and his mates would tell him to fuck off and get a grip. Conversation over. Nowadays they get on the internet and form online communities of self-serving like-minded dribblers who realise they are not alone and have an Avenue to spread around and increase their beliefs in their misguided cobblers.
Very eloquently put.
The ‘flat earth dribbler’ you refer to on this thread though is in my opinion anyway nothing of the sort. He’s just a wind up merchant getting his kicks out of posting on here, knowing he will get a reaction. A simple search on the internet gives him all the ‘facts’ he wants and from there it’s as simple as cut and paste along with their own bits of rubbish inserted for good measure. If he gets ignored he may go away.

Do you determine fore as in, a flame from a torch or a burning field or molten metal.........what?
Do they all perform the same to the eye or are we to look molecularly closer?

I can't help you if you don't want to understand the 8 inches per mile, squared.

it isn't me who doesn't understand it is you you utter clownshoe.

I think this argument that is going, the ‘drop’ over the curve has to be squared is a reasonable example of what you say about limited academic knowledge. It is basic geometry, what is being pressed as fact is wrong, but the fool persists. When asked to explain, as you say, “do your own research”. He can’t explain it, because it is not right.

Any geometry text book always has everything drawn out. A diagram is the most useful tool in maths, but from past experience, I know he can’t understand or follow basic diagrams and so fails to understand the basic maths. What answer do you get “You have just been schooled to think that”. If any branch of maths can be proven to be absolutely correct, it is pi and trig.

This is the question I've asked about it from day one. Why would there be any benefit in lying about it?

I’ve asked this question from the first time I found out that Flat Earther’s were a thing today, rather than what is should be which was an archaic belief from centuries ago.

The only coherent answer I’ve had is that it’s a scam from NASA to get billions of government money. Beyond that it’s just the usual vague shite about “control”.

I’ve asked this question from the first time I found out that Flat Earther’s were a thing today, rather than what is should be which was an archaic belief from centuries ago.

The only coherent answer I’ve had is that it’s a scam from NASA to get billions of government money. Beyond that it’s just the usual vague shite about “control”.
It's funny when they use the argument about NASA lying to us, but what about the other 72 space agencies, are they lying?

Because of the supposed curvature of Earth.
Think about it.

If you are on a part of Earth that you believe is convex then your fist mile sees a 8 inch for one mile squared, end height for that mile.
If you carry on the line over to the next mile from the start of your end of first mile then your height difference rises by the next squared distance x 2 miles.
And so on.
All based on Earth's supposed size.

I don't get your working out.
Maybe I'm just bad a the maths required.
Can you write it as a sum so that I can see how from 8 inches in one mile you've got to 600ft in 30 miles?

Americans spend more money on dog grooming than NASA, it could of course just be a shaggy dog story.

Most flattards simply don't have the humility to accept that there's a good few million people on this planet who are smarter than them.

Americans spend more money on dog grooming than NASA, it could of course just be a shaggy dog story.

Most flattards simply don't have the humility to accept that there's a good few million people on this planet who are smarter than them.
Why would NASA spend lots of money on dog grooming?

Back