Pucovski

Poor lad must be torn up inside with all this like

That said, those closest to him need to pull him away from the game at all costs before he ends up permanently damaged

If something this incidental gives him a concussion he needs to pack it in.

Hopefully, his state/ Australia can pay for his coaching badges/ training/ study for his future career as a duty of care. He doesn't have to leave cricket completely, but he shouldn't be allowed to continue as a player at the moment. Letting him continue will lead to serious issues down the road.

Ducked into one, apparently.

He needs to retire professionally, and go play some grade cricket for a bit of fun. I know it's shit, but he needs to start thinking of his long term health now - 11 concussions in the last few years (not counting this one).
This needs an intervention from someone. He needs to retire
It's a massive, massive shame because he seems an absolutely class player. But it's for his own good

Last edited:
I also know it'll never happen, but either Cricket Australia or his State side need to mandate that he stops being selected.

He's clearly got a massive issue, and every time he faces up he faces the potential of either a Phil Hughes type situation, or something that'll cause irreparable damage in the long term.

He's a talented young man, of course he's not going to be inclined to make that decision. So he needs people who have a duty of care over him to take it out of his hands. It's shit, but some things are more important than a game of cricket.

Part of me is annoyed at him too for keeping putting himself in these situations. How stupid can you be?
I get that, but he's a talented young man, excellent record, played for his country, living his dream. He'll be desperate to keep trying and hoping he can find a way to muddle through.

It's why those with a duty of care to him need to take the decision out of his hands

Ducked into one, apparently.

He needs to retire professionally, and go play some grade cricket for a bit of fun. I know it's shit, but he needs to start thinking of his long term health now - 11 concussions in the last few years (not counting this one).

It's a massive, massive shame because he seems an absolutely class player. But it's for his own good

Seen the clip on Twitter, duck into it he very much did. You can be unlucky and be hit a couple of times but he is not that. You can tell he’s shat himself and rightly so. There really should be a duty of care from CA here to stop him playing. If he was over here he would’ve been stopped a long time ago for fear of being sued just as much as the care for him himself. Saying that, he is due to play for Leicestershire this season and he probably would be fine over here, I can’t imagine he will face many 85mph+ bouncers over here.

Seen the clip on Twitter, duck into it he very much did. You can be unlucky and be hit a couple of times but he is not that. You can tell he’s shat himself and rightly so. There really should be a duty of care from CA here to stop him playing. If he was over here he would’ve been stopped a long time ago for fear of being sued just as much as the care for him himself. Saying that, he is due to play for Leicestershire this season and he probably would be fine over here, I can’t imagine he will face many 85mph+ bouncers over here.
It’s partially technique and being hit, but he’s also got concussion from fielding and playing football in the past.

Back