Pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we won't be in tier 3
We will be, I'm just wondering how far I'll have to drive to find an open pub, is North Yorkshire classed as NE? I'm guessing it will be and it might have to be an Xmas in Tenerife after all, and that's even if the airports are open??🤪
Some might be better staying shut though for the minute, with furlough

Its a difficult situation and I can see both sides, but I reall dont think they should be open at the minute, this is the final push, far too many people dying a day for people to be going out getting pissed

And although some pubs are very safe, and take all precautions, I have been out a lot this year still and seen all sorts, sometimes you'd not know a pandemic was on.
TBH I think in a lot of cases sitting and eating in pubs will be a safer environment than being cooped up at home all the time, it's not like people will be able to be on bar crawls round town/city centres is it.

Last edited by a moderator:

If your are struggling to reply then answer me this, looking at the schedule all vulnerable and aged will be vaxxed by Xmas, yes? So if we give a generous amount of time, say another month.then surely by Feb we are 100 percent back to normal? Agreed? If not why not?

Boris said that lot should be vaccinated by April.

Middle tier can open but alcohol only served with a substanimesl
High tier shut.

north east will be high tier

Very unlikely the whole of the North East will be in tier 3. Cases are dropping everywhere which means the R rate is coming down. The numbers are better than prior to lockdown and we were in tier 2 then.

The south of the region is worst hit, with Hartlepool, Redcar and Stockton the hotspots. If anywhere will get put in tier 3 it's there.

Very unlikely the whole of the North East will be in tier 3. Cases are dropping everywhere which means the R rate is coming down. The numbers are better than prior to lockdown and we were in tier 2 then.

The south of the region is worst hit, with Hartlepool, Redcar and Stockton the hotspots. If anywhere will get put in tier 3 it's there.

I still reckon the majority of the country will go into tier 3 for another few weeks. Places like Cornwall maybe in tier 2.

This will undoubtedly be leaked to the Sun within the next 48hrs so shouldn't be too long to wait to see what the crack is.

I still reckon the majority of the country will go into tier 3 for another few weeks. Places like Cornwall maybe in tier 2.

This will undoubtedly be leaked to the Sun within the next 48hrs so shouldn't be too long to wait to see what the crack is.

When we come out of lockdown it will only be 3 weeks to Xmas. Most places will go into tier 2. You have to reward places for actually adhering to lockdown and bringing the stats down.

Anywhere over 400 or 500 cases per 100,000 will be in danger of being placed in tier 3 IMO.

Newcastle is currently 390, Sunderland 330 with both moving in the right direction.

You can only have a drink if you have a meal - once the meal's finished, no more drink?
Looks like I'm going to have to really stretch out my Friday pie n chips up the Chilton...

Seriously though, they're saying last order at 10, but who'll still be eating at that time? Surely it's a good meal and drinks for the night?

Four pages in and the usual ‘pubs are fucked’ shit craic hasn’t been mentioned.
Bravo.

Looks like I'm going to have to really stretch out my Friday pie n chips up the Chilton...

Seriously though, they're saying last order at 10, but who'll still be eating at that time? Surely it's a good meal and drinks for the night?
Not if they follow how it's done in Scotland - once you finish your meal, no more drink.

EDIT: Only way around it will be to keep something on your plate all night and occasionally pick at it - who's going to do that? Neither the customer or the pub staff are going to be happy with shitloads of dirty dishes lying around on tables for hours at a time.

Last edited:
Obviously
Cannot take owt for granted with this lot.
Not if they follow how it's done in Scotland - once you finish your meal, no more drink.

EDIT: Only way around it will be to keep something on your plate all night and occasionally pick at it - who's going to do that? Neither the customer or the pub staff are going to be happy with shitloads of dirty dishes lying around on tables for hours at a time.
Well I'm sure it'll all be made much clearer by opening time (*Deep breath 😯😶)....

Last edited:

The customer isn't going to care and the pub would deal with a few dirty plates if it's the difference between being able to pay their rent or not.

I've seen a few places in Sunderland mention new food menus and stuff coming soon. Hopefully they've had a heads up that we are going to be Tier 2, rather than them getting ahead of themselves. I'm expecting Tier 3 though.

It's not being broken down into towns and cities though.
We're in tier 3. Guaranteed

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back