Pubs that don’t track and trace

Status
Not open for further replies.

We were talking about places that ask for info. Suggesting people just give any old shite is certainly moronic. And if a pub asks, and people choose not to, aye that's also the sign of a berk.

Get onto your local MP, give them your wrath, when I've been anywhere that have asked for my details I've given them.
Are you naive to think people haven't given their correct details?

I was saying you could do that if you want to, not suggesting anyone actually does, it's not a legal obligation for pubs to check up on people.
Not you as well, f***ing hell I think I was right staying out of this sub forum, what's wrong with people on here, have they been on the vaccine trials and gone mental?

You would be wasting your time as they don't have to take names. However they do have to put social distancing measures in place.
Depends on the local authority. All licences have a catch all clause relating to public safety so if the local licensing department feel not capturing details is endangering public safety they can remove the licence. Ours have already told us they don’t consider it optional.

Seems a bit half arsed all this. Gdpr getting in the way of life & death ffs.

We’re fucked when schools are back.
Where are all these deaths ?(genuine Covid 19

How long do we hide from things?

What time frame would you put on a vaccine ?Id say hundreds of years if ever.

The GDP is as important as saving lives as who do you think is going to pay for all this ?

As already been mentioned. Gdpr is not stopping anything.

There is a lawful reason for requesting the data and in truth of someone gives false information or refuses to give details then the pub should refuse them entry. They won't mind as they will lose money.

There is a lawful reason for requesting the data and in truth of someone gives false information or refuses to give details then the pub should refuse them entry. They won't mind as they will lose money.

What's this lawful reason?

A pub has no obligation to check the details are correct, unless we should all carry ID how would they know if you said you were Paul Chappers and your phone number was 07xxxxxxxx?

We’ve made a decision to not allow anyone in who doesn’t give details. Hasn’t happened yet mind and we don’t let them write their own down so you don’t get people giving stupid names. Obviously it’s impossible to know if people are giving the correct details.

We’ve made a decision to not allow anyone in who doesn’t give details. Hasn’t happened yet mind and we don’t let them write their own down so you don’t get people giving stupid names. Obviously it’s impossible to know if people are giving the correct details.

How many people testing positive would shut the place?

What's this lawful reason?

A pub has no obligation to check the details are correct, unless we should all carry ID how would they know if you said you were Paul Chappers and your phone number was 07xxxxxxxx?
Gdpr lawful reason. Public task

Last edited:
How many people testing positive would shut the place?
It’d have to be most of the staff. The place is disinfected continuously so shutting wouldn’t be of benefit to anyone so we’d only shut if there was nobody able to work. I guess that’d mean closing for a day or two while staff get tested.

I've been in 5 pubs and all have taken my details - 4 of them digitally.

Where are all these deaths ?(genuine Covid 19

How long do we hide from things?

What time frame would you put on a vaccine ?Id say hundreds of years if ever.

The GDP is as important as saving lives as who do you think is going to pay for all this ?

Think yer on the wrong thread marra. This is about reckless pubs.

Get onto your local MP, give them your wrath, when I've been anywhere that have asked for my details I've given them.
Are you naive to think people haven't given their correct details?

I was saying you could do that if you want to, not suggesting anyone actually does, it's not a legal obligation for pubs to check up on people.
Not you as well, f***ing hell I think I was right staying out of this sub forum, what's wrong with people on here, have they been on the vaccine trials and gone mental?

Then we have agreed then. All I was saying is if anyone gave duff info they are a berk.

Depends on the local authority. All licences have a catch all clause relating to public safety so if the local licensing department feel not capturing details is endangering public safety they can remove the licence. Ours have already told us they don’t consider it optional.
Fair enough marra. I believe you're in the trade so won't dispute what you're saying. However, the government guidance is very lose and I'm not sure how anything could be enforced using it. All it states is.

"You should assist this service by keeping a temporary record of your customers and visitors for 21 days, in a way that is manageable for your organisation, and assist NHS Test and Trace with requests for that data if needed. This could help contain clusters or outbreaks".

The word "should" suggests that it's advisory to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back