Pubs better off???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Handwich

Striker
In tier 3.
Well. They looked like they were struggling to me under tier 2 restrictions. People only allowed in on their Jack, or with someone from their own household was restricting them mainly couples only. The places were virtually empty, with staff claiming wages that wasnt coming through the tills.
Tier 1 or nowt for me

If tier 2 rules were always enforced in practice then yes but in reality the substantial meal thing won’t be followed to the letter by most. They’ll take peoples money and be grateful for custom.

In tier 3.
Well. They looked like they were struggling to me under tier 2 restrictions. People only allowed in on their Jack, or with someone from their own household was restricting them mainly couples only. The places were virtually empty, with staff claiming wages that wasnt coming through the tills.
Tier 1 or nowt for me

You might be right, I'm sure there were a few bar owners in various parts of the country saying that tier 2 was no man's land and that the support was better at 3.

Not sure if that's still the case but I heard a few pub owners say it in the media at the time the tier system was introduced.

I’d rather take my chances with customers than a taxpayer handout. Pubs will be rammed in December and this substantial food shite will soon be forgotten/ignored

In tier 3.
Tier 1 or nowt for me
Tim Martin likes this

The company I work for was trading at a 82% decline year on year. The regional lockdown made is in feasible to trade at a profit.
As someone said previously, tier 1 only, the rule of 6 didn’t really affect pubs too much but now it’s fucked.
Best start job hunting

In tier 3.
Tier 1 or nowt for me

The pubs I went to in Sunderland were definitely not empty under the previous restrictions, it was just like normal. However, under these new restrictions, local boozers are completely fucked. Your average local boozer that doesn't sell food is highly unlikely to open again until Easter at the very earliest, not sure many landlords can take that hit.

Doesn’t make a difference anymore, if you’re not a food pub you aren’t allowed to open in either tier 2 or 3 and the grant is the same regardless.

Daft question, but if you receive a grant when closed , why would a pub go under ? On the condition that the grant covers basic overheads for a closed pub

Also, in the tier 2 pubs, how does it work with regards to drinking 'with a meal' I mean do places just reserve your table for 2 hours or something ? If there's no one in after you, could you just drag the meal out for 4 hours ? Seems ambiguous

Also, in the tier 2 pubs, how does it work with regards to drinking 'with a meal' I mean do places just reserve your table for 2 hours or something ? If there's no one in after you, could you just drag the meal out for 4 hours ? Seems ambiguous

Yes you could but as soon as that plate is cleared you have to leave...or buy another meal.

Yes you could but as soon as that plate is cleared you have to leave...or buy another meal.
You are supposed to leave !! Been in a few places ... one of which was on for kicking us out as soon as I ate my last moughtful ( I ordered a pudding a 2 more peronis ;) ) - other places I've been in are far more relaxed (finish you drink, you may want another one now before you leave, yes ... etc )

You are supposed to leave !! Been in a few places ... one of which was on for kicking us out as soon as I ate my last moughtful ( I ordered a pudding a 2 more peronis ;) ) - other places I've been in are far more relaxed (finish you drink, you may want another one now before you leave, yes ... etc )
Cheeseboard sir? Yes please, and 4 pints of lager as well.

They could serve a boat load of Dr Oetkers for 99p and you could leave them sat on the table for show if the fuzz came calling while you had your drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back