Public EV chargers- is there a knack?

I pay £280 month for Hyundai Kona 64 kw including maintenance/servicing 3 year deal 8k miles per year 18 months into the deal no problems to date . I have friends who hate ev,s with a passion who never tire of telling me how daft I was to bin off my diesel car . Like Jon snow they nothing
What would it be for 12000 miles.
Were there any upfront payments, sounds a great deal to me having looked at others.

3 months up front payment ,12k not available when I took it out (I don't need that anyway) car was supplied from SG Petch but was a online deal

At £1 a unit, my car would cost around 38p per mile, that’s the same as a 50mpg car would cost per mile, if petrol was £4 a litre.

If electric costs stay as they are, EVs are dead unless you have a home charger.
We're still in the very early stages of the evolution of EV's. Battery tech will improve range and charging times a lot over the coming years and the big advancement will come in the use of solar glass/body where the car is charged by itself as it sits in daylight. Still some way off but the tech is being developed now and I assume why a lot of cars are now being designed with glass roofs so the new tech can be trialled/ implemented as it comes on stream.

You are the person EV’s were aimed at.
How much do you pay a month for the car, it seems people are reluctant to say?
I pay about 500 for my I pace but it's salary sacrifice so I'm lucky tbh, no upfront payment.
I was paying about 440 for a diesel tiguan which to buy was about 40k as opposed to nearly 80k for this, then 200 a month for fuel (when it was about 1.40 a litre) plus 50 a month insurance which is included on this deal along with servicing and tyres so it was a no brainer for me really.

I pay £280 month for Hyundai Kona 64 kw including maintenance/servicing 3 year deal 8k miles per year 18 months into the deal no problems to date . I have friends who hate ev,s with a passion who never tire of telling me how daft I was to bin off my diesel car . Like Jon snow they nothing
Where’s that from mate my deals about to end with my employer Nissan they have withdrew the leafe from the scheme and paying similar

As long as you have a home charger I think EV are still the way to go

South Tyneside public charging points are still free to use and there is one that seems to be hardly used that i frequent

I travelled down to Herefordshire in the summer and used Instavolt once on way there and once on way back, charge from 20% -100% was £28

I pay about 500 for my I pace but it's salary sacrifice so I'm lucky tbh, no upfront payment.
I was paying about 440 for a diesel tiguan which to buy was about 40k as opposed to nearly 80k for this, then 200 a month for fuel (when it was about 1.40 a litre) plus 50 a month insurance which is included on this deal along with servicing and tyres so it was a no brainer for me really.
Even compensating with less MPG on average and bumping up the monthly out goings, I struggled to find any deal like for like that would see me better off.

That was before any charging costs.
As much as yours was a no brainer it would be idiotic for the majority of people especially if they don’t do many miles to swap to electric.

I don’t think there’s enough people that care about the environment to spend more money.

Even compensating with less MPG on average and bumping up the monthly out goings, I struggled to find any deal like for like that would see me better off.

That was before any charging costs.
As much as yours was a no brainer it would be idiotic for the majority of people especially if they don’t do many miles to swap to electric.

I don’t think there’s enough people that care about the environment to spend more money.
Ah yeah it's not for everyone it just worked out cheaper for me and I ended up with a great car.
If it goes the other way I'll happily jump back into a 3 litre petrol guzzler.
I just can't see it at the minute, batteries are getting better every year and the cars are getting better.

Where’s that from mate my deals about to end with my employer Nissan they have withdrew the leafe from the scheme and paying similar
It was a autotrader branded company pretty sure it was vantrader on the paperwork I,m on holiday at moment so can't be 100% unlikely to be same price now I guess supply and demand

Ah yeah it's not for everyone it just worked out cheaper for me and I ended up with a great car.
If it goes the other way I'll happily jump back into a 3 litre petrol guzzler.
I just can't see it at the minute, batteries are getting better every year and the cars are getting better.
They’re getting more expensive though, that’s the downside.

They're getting cheaper really.
The more they make and sell and less initial development will bring the prices down more.
Hopefully
It’s not about price of them to be fair though they’re just looking at what people are willing to pay per month.

They even mention subscriptions now.

Well let’s not forget this is the on road charging price.

If you can charge your car at home at 34p (new price cap) per kWh that’s £13.60 not £40 and it will be less if you charge over night on a cheaper tariff.
What happens when when the overnight cheaper tariff is no more when the whole country is charging cars overnight? Just a thought.

Does anyone here have a Cupra Born?

I’m thinking about placing an order for one as a second car for covering most of our local miles, schools, shopping etc with.

Back