Public EV chargers- is there a knack?

Decided to take the new electric car away. I knew public chargers were likely to be crap but dear god they are awful. Don’t connect, take ages, or they charge at much slower speeds than they say. Or there seems to be a process to follow - that isn’t documented anywhere - to get it to work - so plug it in first BEFORE you click the button.

Two chargers have failed for us, and another we had to do the Hokey Cokey to get it to work.

Is there a knack? What am I missing?

Decided to take the new electric car away. I knew public chargers were likely to be crap but dear god they are awful. Don’t connect, take ages, or they charge at much slower speeds than they say. Or there seems to be a process to follow - that isn’t documented anywhere - to get it to work - so plug it in first BEFORE you click the button.

Two chargers have failed for us, and another we had to do the Hokey Cokey to get it to work.

A Tesla.

Shocking that Hells!

Iv said before the infrastructure is noware near ready for electric cars if you plan on doing decent journeys in them and are away from home. Shockingly bad tbf.

Hopefully you got sorted all the same.

Electric cars at the moment are the tool of the lower middle classes to say “look at me”.They are absolutely f***ing useless to do anything but potter round the town .
I disagree, had mine 18 months and no bother, 50 mile commute if I go to the office and been to lakes and helvellyn nee bother.
Quick and a great drive too.
Infrastructure could definitely be better but I love mine and have just ordered another.

Electric cars at the moment are the tool of the lower middle classes to say “look at me”.They are absolutely f***ing useless to do anything but potter round the town .

They also like to boast about having a 700hp. Once they've blasted someone away at the lights, they now have to look for a charging point

I disagree, had mine 18 months and no bother, 50 mile commute if I go to the office and been to lakes and helvellyn nee bother.
Quick and a great drive too.
Infrastructure could definitely be better but I love mine and have just ordered another.
What if you need to go further a field ?Thrn what ?

Say your visiting family in Devon how does that work ?

I use the zap map as it plans your route and gives you all available chargers based on that.

Users also can leave feedback on the chargers so it's easy to see the rubbish ones.

Back