Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy

It’s purely anecdotal but I thought I’d try Ket, because I’m a bit of an experimental idiot. I know there’s been studies around treating depression this way and it gave me a good excuse to do some drugs. What I will say is it seemed to reset my brain a bit and I felt really good for the first time in ages the next day. I am depressed but not in a suicidal way, more a lack of any motivation and finding no joy in anything. I wouldn’t recommend trying random drugs to anyone whose head isn’t in the right place, but for me, ket seems to have a calming and uplifting effect. Just small bumps though. I’m not racking up lines and heading into a k-hole.

Disclaimer; don’t try this at home. I’m a f***ing idiot.

I've had plenty mushies, acid and other psychedelics in my time and my fear of doing this type of thing is that I had such bad trips sometimes that I might no be able to mentally come back if it's bad. A bad trip is f***ing horrific, it's potentially life-changing IMO. I've seen people really lose their way with one and that scares the shite out of me - and with any psychedelics you can't be remotely negative going in. That said, I know people who've had revelationary, life-changing (positive) events from the shaman stuff so I am still fascinated by it.

Ket, never got the life-changing thing from it. Was a party drug among mates and I did it lots and it absolutely melted loads of the people I know. That was lines, not bumps though. It's really, really full on. Not something to just jump into. And it is horrific with booze. Makes it a million times worse.

I use chocolate infused mushrooms and have to say I’ve seen the mental benefits of it. It’s like a clear out, lasts for a good few months if the dose is high enough.

Still have to look at dosing and side effects. Loads of great clinical work is currently underway.

My shaman will only administer a max of 5g grounded Psilocybin per person in a group session. It is up to us how much we want to take but a max of 5g. In a one on one, up to 8g. There are no side effects but they do not recommend that you do it if you have a family history of schizophrenia, as that can accelerate it. But so does alchohol and MJ.

Do what your heart tells you at the end of the day.

Last edited:
My shaman will only administer a max of 5g grounded Psilocybin per person in a group session. It is up to us how much we want to take but a max of 5g. In a one on one, up to 8g. There are no side effects but they do not recommend that you do it if you have a family history of schizophrenia, as that can accelerate it. But so does alchohol and MJ.

Do what your heart tells you at the end of the day.
Gawd no! Do what logic and data tell you. However, all the best.

Any one tried it? I did the psilocybin. It is an absolute game changer, one session is equal to (apparently) x1000 traditional therapy sessions. It saved my relationship and has seemed to cure or treat years of anxiety and depression that I have kept hidden from everyone for many years. Where I go there is an entire ceremony that takes place led by a shaman and her "watchers" this is done with a group of people(No more than 10) from all different walks of life. CEOs, students, sportsmen etc. We a placed on beds in a hall, wear eyemasks(You are looking and focusing on the inside) and they have a playlist that is played at a certain frequency.

I encourage anyone who has been through a traumatic experience, suffer from depression or anxiety(We all have big or small), want to know where you are in this world, experience healing, get in touch with your spiritual side to do some research and seek out this form of therapy. If you do, make sure that you get references about the place you want to get it done.

There is plenty of information online about the topic, here are a few.

How To Change Your Mind and Fantastic Fungi on Netflix

Countless Joe Rogan shows.

Programme about it on now on PBS . Its on again just after 6.00

Vaguely remember listening to a pod cast ( possibly Chris Ryan ) and an ex serviceman was on speaking about this or a similar treatment. Sure he went to South America and he said it helped him. Often wondered if it would clear my head a bit but truthfully a bit scared and probably couldn’t afford it
Ayahuasca experience?

I am living between South Africa(Mostly) and Belgium. It costs about 60 pounds(converted) for the one off consultation(Compulsery as she needs to ensure that you are there for the right reasons) with the Shaman and no more than around 100 pounds for the group session(You cannot talk to anyone until your journey is finished and then you sleep overnight). The one on one(Never did it) is no more than 500 pounds.

The professional caliber of the shaman and her watchers is surprising. One of the watchers is a multi-millionaire and often pays for the treatment for some that cannot afford it.

I only did the mushroom/psilocybin. MDMA and LSD is synthetic(If I recall) so I personally would not go there.
I need to do this really but I am so scared of drugs and taking things and having a bad trip.
My mates did mushrooms in Amsterdam and i only did the teeniest bit and then stayed in the hotel while they went out rampaging.

I'm going to check this out though thank you 🤗

normal therapy doesn't work on me as I'm autistic and just don't really know how to access stuff or process it

I need to do this really but I am so scared of drugs and taking things and having a bad trip.
My mates did mushrooms in Amsterdam and i only did the teeniest bit and then stayed in the hotel while they went out rampaging.

normal therapy doesn't work on me as I'm autistic and just don't really know how to access stuff or process it
You can get chocolates that you can scale as you get used to them, they are amazing. Or you can also get microdoses.

You can get chocolates that you can scale as you get used to them, they are amazing. Or you can also get microdoses.
But the therapy isn't in doing the mushrooms is it there has to be some kind of structure to it no?

I sent an email to the Maudsley, they are just down the road from me and have been doing a tonne of research on this for depression, anxiety, PTSD and Autism so I ticked all the boxes but I think the research has finished now so I was just asking for their advice on how best to get a good practitioner as I'm happy to pay but scared of charlatans and being drugged and that 🙈

I view it as it was, an ancient medicine. I was ******* myself too before the first one.

The therapy is very different to doing it socially. There is a shaman, watchers, a ceremony, a carefully selected playlist, played at a specific frequency, a safe space. If you are in the UK, I am sure that there is a place to go. Alternatively if you are planning a holiday, stop in South Africa(You can holiday like a king with our pounds). I can provide you with the contact details. You can do your consultation through Teams or Zoom. They get many foreigners.

Last edited:

Back