PSG for sale..

We all know why they’ve done this, they want out now as they’ve had their World Cup and that’s what they wanted, a place on the board of FIFA, get the World Cup and now they want out
Not just that. Qatar have seen the strides UAE have taken in the last 20 years regarding tourism & commercial ventures and they want some too.

Not just that. Qatar have seen the strides UAE have taken in the last 20 years regarding tourism & commercial ventures and they want some too.
I think you’re right and the Saudi’s are lagging behind both and that’s why they are making their moves now, then it’ll probably be someone else in another 10-15 year

But that's not really 'taking' a profit is it? They may well do later down the line when they actually sell.

Its also not a football club that will have many potential buyers if we're honest. Their TV revenue and league money is pitiful, anybody coming in has to fund the whole club themselves and if you cut your cloth accordingly, it will lose value from what it is today.
it is taking a profit on some of their holding (the 600m in cash they get will not have cost them 600m to generate..it will have cost them a fraction of that)
But that's not really 'taking' a profit is it? They may well do later down the line when they actually sell.

Its also not a football club that will have many potential buyers if we're honest. Their TV revenue and league money is pitiful, anybody coming in has to fund the whole club themselves and if you cut your cloth accordingly, it will lose value from what it is today.
PSG comemrcial revenue was just 2 million less than man utd generated last year and a lot more than chelsea generated last year..they get champions league TV money. You are right about domestic TVmoney being shit though.

Last edited:
the FT this morning are saying they are are...and they have a quote..https://enterprise-sharing.ft.com/redeem/81523653-f58d-4f36-a47f-25f8edf3e6c4

when yous ay they dont need the money..of course they dont..and they are not looking to sell all of PSG..just a minority stake..BUT they didnt buy the club to lose money either...

I think they bought the club to legitimise Qatar. And success of their ownership is likely quantified by how much business they’ve been able to do away from the club. Getting the World Cup is one.

Money in vs money out probably doesn’t come into it too much

I think they bought the club to legitimise Qatar. And success of their ownership is likely quantified by how much business they’ve been able to do away from the club. Getting the World Cup is one.

Money in vs money out probably doesn’t come into it too much
I think the money side of it is hugely relevant..but of course not the only factor..its about PR and soft power for Qatar over the long-term as well of course.

I think the money side of it is hugely relevant..but of course not the only factor..its about PR and soft power for Qatar over the long-term as well of course.
It is but it’s probably not money passing through the books of PSG

PSG are nothing more than a vehicle to support their other ventures. If they can spin and profit then happy days.

It is but it’s probably not money passing through the books of PSG

PSG are nothing more than a vehicle to support their other ventures. If they can spin and profit then happy days.
well PSG books had over 500m pass through them last year..
that makes the club worth a lot of money..and it is that va;uation which apepars on the balance sheet of the qatari wealth fund

well PSG books had over 500m pass through them last year..
that makes the club worth a lot of money..and it is that va;uation which apepars on the balance sheet of the qatari wealth fund
I would imagine 500m and the subsequent valuation is chump change compared to their other investments. Could be wrong mind.

I would imagine 500m and the subsequent valuation is chump change compared to their other investments. Could be wrong mind.
well the valuation is 4bnm yes im sure its small time compared to some other stuff..but not all..they still own a stake in barclays bank for example..which i doubt is worth 4bn..but its also a strategic asset.

Now the World Cup has been and gone the main thing for the Qataris will be to turn off the tap at PSG. They don't want to be financing a money no object "galactico" team with no Euro success . Either self sustaining (KLD style :)) or sell it.

Where is this being reported?
the financial times link i posted
Now the World Cup has been and gone the main thing for the Qataris will be to turn off the tap at PSG. They don't want to be financing a money no object "galactico" team with no Euro success . Either self sustaining (KLD style :)) or sell it.
they are not selling and are commirtted to spending hundreds of millions now..

the financial times link i posted

they are not selling and are commirtted to spending hundreds of millions now..

and fair enough if they try to get themselves off that hook or at least share the pain.
We can all surmise that the PSG purchase was somehow linked to Qatar 2022 so the endgame is now behind them .
It's proved difficult to prepare a UCL winner from Ligue 1 , EPL looked crowded ten years ago but maybe not so much now. Germany isn't a runner because of 50 plus 1. Spain you have the ugly sisters to deal with but at least your side would be match fit. Not sure why the oligarchs haven't tried Serie A as a launch pad as yet ?

and fair enough if they try to get themselves off that hook or at least share the pain.
We can all surmise that the PSG purchase was somehow linked to Qatar 2022 so the endgame is now behind them .
It's proved difficult to prepare a UCL winner from Ligue 1 , EPL looked crowded ten years ago but maybe not so much now. Germany isn't a runner because of 50 plus 1. Spain you have the ugly sisters to deal with but at least your side would be match fit. Not sure why the oligarchs haven't tried Serie A as a launch pad as yet ?
some of the american fund type investors have been buying italian clubs, but yopu are right the oligarchs havent gone there.
of course the PSG purchase was not made on purely ecoomic grounds...its part of a grand qatari strategy in a number of areas...same as the saudis with newcastle and the man city owners. They are all thinking very very long-term
Apart from the glaziers.....!!!!
and the man city owners and the tottenham owner probably and many others...if you bought a premier league club ten years ao,,you may well come out with a big profit now

Last edited:

Back