Ps5 with sky internet help

Also try turning one of the sky hub things off. The ps5 may be jumping on the one in another room
Aye, i've seen a few issues with the Sky Mesh network & bad lag/ping for devices on the fringes of the wifi signal.

Can't remember if you can turn off the mesh and configure the wifi as a standard router & extender setup. (or if sky lock down the settings on their devices)
I’m just gonna leave it to the engineer lads cheers my phone has full Wi-Fi signal on his room as he had a ps4 that worked fine
Have a go at this. Some bloke on the Sky forums with your exact problem, said it fixed the signal for him.

We were having lag spikes on PS5 over wifi, but just going into PS5 settings > Network > select your router, then press the option button, then select wifi band > 5ghz fixed it for us. Essentially the PS5 default is auto mode, which swaps between 2.4ghz to try and find the best signal, but during gaming this causes stuttering/lags/freezing. Problem solved without having to buy expensive solutions.

Last edited:

Back