PS5 Stock

Back on Game again, back in the queue again, fingers crossed this time
that little stick figure, he's moved about 2 pixels over :(

Don't like my chances of reaching the front of the queue before they've sold out.

Last edited:

Is there any point in releasing a new games console if people just cannot get them?

Saw a report earlier, concerning the stock in Japan, by 19th January, the number of new Playstation 5 that had been activated was only around 25% of the number of Playstation 5's sold in Japan.

I'm guessing that probably follows a similar pattern everywhere. So around 3 times as many PS5s are sitting still in their boxes in lock-ups than are actually being used. It's a waste of time selling games for the PS5 yet as there's relatively few consoles actually in the hands of consumers, most or in the hands of scalpers waiting for the right time to make maximum profit

Is there any point in releasing a new games console if people just cannot get them?

Saw a report earlier, concerning the stock in Japan, by 19th January, the number of new Playstation 5 that had been activated was only around 25% of the number of Playstation 5's sold in Japan.

I'm guessing that probably follows a similar pattern everywhere. So around 3 times as many PS5s are sitting still in their boxes in lock-ups than are actually being used. It's a waste of time selling games for the PS5 yet as there's relatively few consoles actually in the hands of consumers, most or in the hands of scalpers waiting for the right time to make maximum profit

I imagine there will be a lot of developers concerned about the revenue they are missing out on making on next gen games currently.

The only way they can sort it out is by increasing supply. It happens in loads of other areas, where supply out weighs demand you get scalpers/resellers/arseholes, whatever you want to call them.

They need to find a way to increase supply to outweigh demand to get them into the hands of people who actually want them.

There's fuck all to play on it anyway

This. Literally the only game that would interest me is Demons Souls and its a remake. You can play ps4 games on it without loading screens I suppose....
I just want to play demon souls, miles morales and updated better versions of Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us part 2

Realistically not worth paying a grand to a scalper for

Last edited:
This. Literally the only game that would interest me is Demons Souls and its a remake. You can play ps4 games on it without loading screens I suppose....

Realistically not worth paying a grand to a scalper for

I haven’t even got any games for mine :lol:

Probably get Spider-Man but busy on God of War atm, as it’s one of the free games from the PlayStation showcase and I didn’t get round to it.

I'd like to play Valhalla without the bastard crashing every other day when you walk out of the shop or do a sudden move randomly, and the quicker load times obvs.

Man-eater on ps+, and I've got original Spiderman goty PS4 I've not touched yet to get through till owt decent comes out. Might try cyberpunk anarl.

I'd like to play Valhalla without the bastard crashing every other day when you walk out of the shop or do a sudden move randomly, and the quicker load times obvs.

Man-eater on ps+, and I've got original Spiderman goty PS4 I've not touched yet to get through till owt decent comes out. Might try cyberpunk anarl.
Valhalla is pretty damn buggy on the PS5 too tbh

Valhalla is pretty damn buggy on the PS5 too tbh
Bugs I can live with. The constant crashing is a pain in the arse. I'm no expert but looks like a performance thing. It's a launch PS4, probably crashed 50 times in however many years I've had it. Valhalla has crashed 100 times in 150 hours .

Bugs I can live with. The constant crashing is a pain in the arse. I'm no expert but looks like a performance thing. It's a launch PS4, probably crashed 50 times in however many years I've had it. Valhalla has crashed 100 times in 150 hours .

Aye the game is a totally different experience on the ps5, although still a few random bugs(tonight I had rats walking on air :lol:)
It was the only game that hard crashed me PS4 in the 6 year I’d had it!

The conditions are ripe for said scalpers to buy up all online stock since that's where it all is with covid preventing a guaranteed percentage of stock only for in person store collection limited to say, 1 unit each.

Surely Sony/the retailers (suppose blame could be shared out) could and arguably should have put measures in place to ensure supply was adequate and policed. Going to be a lot of nervous developers as mentioned already, especially ones who have releases coming out within the next few months....sales going to be affected no doubt.

Imo as it stands this is the biggest f*** up for a major console release since the Xbox 360 came out 15 year ago and loads of units had the red ring of death fault - I had to send mine back for repair 3 times within the first year.

Lets just hope they can get plenty more stock pumped out over the next few weeks and months.

Last edited:

Back