Ps4

Discussion in 'Games and games consoles' started by chopsfc007, Jan 17, 2019.

1. chopsfc007

chopsfc007 Striker

What sort of price are you looking at for a decent one

2. silas80

silas80 Winger

Depends what you mean by "decent" tbh. Condition? HD size? Pro version?

3. Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy Striker

New, pre-owned.....

Seconding Silas marra

4. chopsfc007

chopsfc007 Striker

I just want a ps4 don't know much about them in honesty

5. Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy Striker

You'll get a ps4 and a current game for around £250. A Ps4 Pro with a current game for £350.

If you just want the console alone you will probably be able to get it for a little under £200.

Just do some googling.

6. chopsfc007

chopsfc007 Striker

Cheers il have a look is there anything you would recommend memory wise

7. Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy Striker

You don't seem to know what you want so I can't recommend anything. Go cheap, you'll probably just stick FIFA on and play once every 6 months.:p

8. chopsfc007

chopsfc007 Striker

To much time on my hands so it will be used lots

9. Try and get a 1tb HD. The 500gb fills up quick

10. chopsfc007

chopsfc007 Striker

Found one with 1tb for 270 not with a game

11. Sir Lancelot

Sir Lancelot Winger

The Pro only upgrades certain games, so it would be worth checking which ones and whether you’re interested in them, as well as deciding if the visual difference is worth the extra cost. Definitely get a 1TB, I would never buy a console with the smaller amount of memory as I can only imagine it being a faff on switching saved games between the console and an external hard drive. Just take a look at the back of a couple of games to see how much memory each of them takes up!

I haven’t heard any problems with a pre-owned PS4, but I know the PS3 can be dodgy depending on the model you get, so may as well go new for the warranty.

Argos have an offer on for the 1TB console with a “free” game, for £299. You can get either the latest Spider-Man, God of War or Detroit which all seem to be decent games. Buy Sony PS4 1TB Console | PS4 consoles | Argos

12. chopsfc007

chopsfc007 Striker

Thanks I don't think il go for the pro because of money, see if I can find a 1tb for 260ish then pick my own game maybe golf one to start.

13. Sir Lancelot

Sir Lancelot Winger

... Buys a PS4, plays golf on it. You’re worse than me, playing Harvest Moon! Lol

Some Random Guy likes this.
  14. Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy Striker

Now we know why he was being cagey with the info.

15. Discopants91

Discopants91 Striker

The Golf Club is fucking excellent, steep learning curve but you have virtually any course in the world available plus tons of online tournies.

Big thread on it here - Anyone playing The Golf Club on PS4

You dinnit need a pro by the sounds of it though.

16. chopsfc007

chopsfc007 Striker

Aye it looks class can get it for 20quid like so maybe 270in total for that and the console.

17. Discopants91

Discopants91 Striker

Don Bradman 17 is class too, the career mode is excellent with all the county teams readily available.

18. chopsfc007

chopsfc007 Striker

Think I got that for ps3 love most sport games, on the golf one can you play as the golfers or do you have to play as created player like you do on certain games

19. Discopants91

Discopants91 Striker

You play as yourself on the golf one really, you can make a Tiger Woods lookalike I suppose but everyone has the same stats from start to finish so nobody has an advantage.

The difficulty element comes in using harder clubs where the margin for error gets smaller and smaller.

20. chopsfc007

chopsfc007 Striker

I didn't mean online