Protein Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

maygo

Winger
Are they any good? I usually scran some choccy on a night as a wee treat, and think replacing me ket with a protein bar might be good. Are they all the same, or are there superior ones? Price isn't too much of an issue
Cheers

They are alright for every now and again or for after training but not for on a regular basis, although it is an easy way to get some protein intake, they are still full of shit

Usually just as well off having a chocolate bar and a protein shake. Similar calories and don't have to contend with an awful texture

Get yourself XL protein flapjack bars, taste nice, low sugar for what they are, around 350 calories each and like 20g protein if i remember correctly. can get 40 for £27 on discount supplements

I want to bring them offshore, restrictions on bringing liquids and home made foods cos they might contain drugs or alcohol (who the fuck wants to get wrecked on an oil rig like?) means I can't bring yoghurt and stuff out here
Purchased bars are ideal

expecting some dynabars in the post today, I'll let you know if they're as good as everyone makes out. I've heard they're lovely from a trainer at the gym.

They have their purpose, just like shakes do, they're more portable for one, expensive for the amount of protein though.

Are they any good? I usually scran some choccy on a night as a wee treat, and think replacing me ket with a protein bar might be good. Are they all the same, or are there superior ones? Price isn't too much of an issue
Cheers

The protein content is generally the only good thing about them. They're otherwise a waste of calories as far as I'm concerned. About as many as you'd get in a normal chocolate bar, only without any of the enjoyment. Shit taste with the consistency of mud.

The protein content is generally the only good thing about them. They're otherwise a waste of calories as far as I'm concerned. About as many as you'd get in a normal chocolate bar, only without any of the enjoyment. Shit taste with the consistency of mud.

THIS.

Honestly, try XL flapjack protein bars. 40 for £27 man, taste nice, great texture and good amount of protien. I've never looked back, also good for using a hour before the gym bit that extra bit energy,

Get yourself XL protein flapjack bars, taste nice, low sugar for what they are, around 350 calories each and like 20g protein if i remember correctly. can get 40 for £27 on discount supplements

That's OK if you can afford those calories but you'd be better off with a home-made chicken breast sandwich or a yoghurt pot.

I concur with @jubblies re: recipes, it's all about preparation and time though so I suppose these bars might have their uses for marketing executives and truckers.

I use these, they're probably full of empty calories but they taste nice and are handy for a quick fix at work before the gym.
http://www.sci-mx.co.uk/shop/pro2go-flapjack

Ingredients: Oat blend (rolled oats, malted oats [contains malt extract, vegetable oil], oat flour), protein blend (milk protein isolate*, hydrolysed gelatine, whey protein concentrate*, emulsifier: soya lecithin), humectant (glycerine), milk chocolate flavoured coating 8% (sweeteners: isomalt, sucralose; non-hydrogenated palm and palm kernel oil, whey powder*, reduced fat cocoa powder, wheat flour, emulsifiers: soya lecithin, E476; flavouring), dried glucose syrup, sweeteners (maltitol, sucralose), water, reduced fat cocoa powder, hazelnuts 1.8%, flaxseed flour, vegetable oil, flavouring, antioxidant (mixed tocopherols).

You could make your own and add honey as a sweetener.

That's OK if you can afford those calories but you'd be better off with a home-made chicken breast sandwich or a yoghurt pot.

I concur with @jubblies re: recipes, it's all about preparation and time though so I suppose these bars might have their uses for marketing executives and truckers.

I tend to apply the "yea but how much meat could I eat instead?" approach.

350 calories and 20g of Protein? That's about 150-200g of lean steak which gives you about 50% more protein. Or 200g Ostrich steak for fewer calories and almost triple the protein (similar for chicken breast).

Which is why I don't eat protein bars. If I want a chocolate bar, I'll just get a chocolate bar that I actually really like and get my protein elsewhere.

I must admit to quite liking the weird texture of protein bars. Perhaps I'm just strange?

Ingredients: Oat blend (rolled oats, malted oats [contains malt extract, vegetable oil], oat flour), protein blend (milk protein isolate*, hydrolysed gelatine, whey protein concentrate*, emulsifier: soya lecithin), humectant (glycerine), milk chocolate flavoured coating 8% (sweeteners: isomalt, sucralose; non-hydrogenated palm and palm kernel oil, whey powder*, reduced fat cocoa powder, wheat flour, emulsifiers: soya lecithin, E476; flavouring), dried glucose syrup, sweeteners (maltitol, sucralose), water, reduced fat cocoa powder, hazelnuts 1.8%, flaxseed flour, vegetable oil, flavouring, antioxidant (mixed tocopherols).

You could make your own and add honey as a sweetener.
Used to make my own a while back. i just about manage to drag myself to the gym after work now, it's pure laziness that's got me buying them.

I tend to apply the "yea but how much meat could I eat instead?" approach.

350 calories and 20g of Protein? That's about 150-200g of lean steak which gives you about 50% more protein. Or 200g Ostrich steak for fewer calories and almost triple the protein (similar for chicken breast).

Which is why I don't eat protein bars. If I want a chocolate bar, I'll just get a chocolate bar that I actually really like and get my protein elsewhere.

Absolutely right however the OP has stated this is a little treat, the XL bars are a cheap and convenient way of getting some protein AND some carbs if required. I do agree with you regarding it being better to eat good food but I don't really think of a chicken breast as a treat, I eat 2 every day for my dinner at work

That's part of the standard lewberry love making package, you need to up your game

Sounds like you need to up yours. Usually only takes me a few minutes to complete the job orally mate. And without meaning to share too much info here mate our lass isn't over keen on continued external stimulation after climax there, too sensitive iirc for several minutes. Requires good old fashioned penetration from there on in. None of this continental style stuff they've got us doing in the post-50 shades era iirc.

And someone just walked past me and saw that...

The bottom line is I'm a powerful yet thorough and attentive lover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back