Promotion/ relegation scenario???

harmy

Striker
Wats the current situation then? From premier league down to the northeast Durham leagues? Who is going up /down etc?

In Durham Cricket League Div 1 there are 2 clubs who have passed the NEPL assessment process, Seaham Park and Philadelphia, who lie 4th and 2nd.
To get promoted they have to finish in the "top 2".
Easington are certs to finish top, but are not eligible for promotion, so the race to finish 2nd is hotting up.
Seaham Park and Philadelphia play each other on Saturday !
The other "fly in the ointment" is Marsden who currently lie 3rd and could stop either team getting promoted.

Newcastle likely to be relegated from the Premier division, although they could catch Felling. They can also mathematically catch Whitburn, and they play each other at the weekend.

Sunderland favourites to go up from Division 1, although Washington also in with a shout.

Gateshead Fell currently bottom of Division 1, but they have a game in hand on both Blaydon and South Shields and can overtake both. Willington also still in it but they have a game in hand too.

In Durham Cricket League Div 1 there are 2 clubs who have passed the NEPL assessment process, Seaham Park and Philadelphia, who lie 4th and 2nd.
To get promoted they have to finish in the "top 2".
Easington are certs to finish top, but are not eligible for promotion, so the race to finish 2nd is hotting up.
Seaham Park and Philadelphia play each other on Saturday !
The other "fly in the ointment" is Marsden who currently lie 3rd and could stop either team getting promoted.

What is stopping Easington getting promotion??

[, ="Greavsie, post: 30372740, member: 4077"]
[/QUOTE]
I do not know the full story but they do not have Clubmark, and have no wish to apply for it. There must be other reasons but I am not aware of what they are.

[, ="Greavsie, post: 30372740, member: 4077"]
I do not know the full story but they do not have Clubmark, and have no wish to apply for it. There must be other reasons but I am not aware of what they are.
[/QUOTE]

No wish to apply for it?

We are coming towards end of process which TVOR has sorted. It isn’t really that much of a big deal

What about the NTSCL? Do Lanchester meet the standards required?

Don't teams for both that and the DSL need to meet the criteria for a NEPL side to go down?
For this season yes. No idea if Lanchester or Alnmouth meet the criteria, but I seem to remember that Tynedale have been approved in the past, and they are still in with a shout.

No wish to apply for it?

We are coming towards end of process which TVOR has sorted. It isn’t really that much of a big deal
[/QUOTE]
Ask someone from Easington why ?
For this season yes. No idea if Lanchester or Alnmouth meet the criteria, but I seem to remember that Tynedale have been approved in the past, and they are still in with a shout.
I believe Lanchester do meet the criteria and Alnmouth do not.
The last I heard was that NEPL will relegate one club, leaving 2 vacancies in Div 1.
2 teams will be promoted, one from each league, IF they meet the criteria and finish in top 2.

Last edited:
I believe Lanchester do meet the criteria and Alnmouth do not.
The last I heard was that NEPL will relegate one club, leaving 2 vacancies in Div 1.
2 teams will be promoted, one from each league, IF they meet the criteria and finish in top 2.
Yep, that's correct.

Newcastle likely to be relegated from the Premier division, although they could catch Felling. They can also mathematically catch Whitburn, and they play each other at the weekend.

Sunderland favourites to go up from Division 1, although Washington also in with a shout.

Gateshead Fell currently bottom of Division 1, but they have a game in hand on both Blaydon and South Shields and can overtake both. Willington also still in it but they have a game in hand too.
Sunderland 2 points Washy 29 all goes down the last game.

Back