Pro40 v Warwickshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko

Striker
Warwickshire team
V Chopra, WTS Porterfield, JO Troughton*, Mohammad Yousuf, DL Maddy, TR Ambrose†, R Clarke, KHD Barker, SA Piolet, PM Best, AS Miller

Durham team
P Mustard†, KJ Coetzer, BA Stokes, GJ Muchall, WR Smith, GR Breese, SG Borthwick, DM Benkenstein*, ME Claydon, CD Thorp

I think them being without Trott and Bell gives us a good chance here. Is Blackwell injured again, or rested?

Must be confident if we're going into the game with only 10 players ;)

We bat first and are 17/0 off 3.

And we aren't playing with 10 Marko. ;) Raine makes his debut.

Last time I played against Raine was about 4 years ago. He was 60* after about 5 overs when they batted and then opened the bowling in our innings and nearly took my brakcet off with the first ball. He was only a bairn at the time as well.

I've played against 3 of the team today and you just knew they were all a class above.

I cant see that batting order being right. Having Benks at 9 is a complete waste.

What's the thought behind Benks so far down the order?

Anyhow, another 50 for Stokes. 95/2 from 18 and a bit.

Flying along now. First one day hundred for Stokes, well supported by Muchall and Benkenstein.

Stokes must be playing himself towards an England squad.

We got another 8 as well!

Stokes is shaping up to be a fantastic cricketer. I just hope the ECB realise that and don't try to move him on up to soon.

He'll play for England in an ODI before the end of this season.

They're getting carted all over the place at the minute. Obviously not taking chances with some of the bowlers; debut for Raine and Thorp in a rare one day outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back