Private Numberplates

that's a bit Hockney sytlised for my taste but I get your drift

Barry's painting was a beautiful oils which was just such an odd choice for that subject and it made you think, why? why that car?
Aye ,I've started photographing the little info plaque in places and galleries otherwise it's a nightmare remembering .

Aye ,I've started photographing the little info plaque in places and galleries otherwise it's a nightmare remembering .
my family know esoteric references in Asterix and Obelix to great art like the Raft of Medusa and my mother and her cousin saw Gielgud and Olivier storm the stage with their swapping of roles on alternate nights and would regale us with the joy

I spent today trying to remember a painting of a dog by I was sure Rembrandt but I'm not so good as them

my family know esoteric references in Asterix and Obelix to great art like the Raft of Medusa and my mother and her cousin saw Gielgud and Olivier storm the stage with their swapping of roles on alternate nights and would regale us with the joy

I spent today trying to remember a painting of a dog by I was sure Rembrandt but I'm not so good as them
It's a world us peasants aren't meant to ponder over
I remember standing in the Prado in Madrid and just being in awe with no real idea why

I remember standing in the Prado in Madrid and just being in awe with no real idea why
it's a wonderful world we are all invited to

I have a toilet full of programmes from great plays that I will remember forever, like McCrory doing Medea, I saw Hoffman ruin Sherlock and Brian Glover as God as child and got an ice cream from Brian Cant

I can bloody see the painting I'm trying to remember with the dog but I can't place it, it's doing my head in

in London museums and galleries are free and the National is very cheap

it's there and you won't regret diving in

it's a wonderful world we are all invited to

I have a toilet full of programmes from great plays that I will remember forever, like McCrory doing Medea, I saw Hoffman ruin Sherlock and Brian Glover as God as child and got an ice cream from Brian Cant

I can bloody see the painting I'm trying to remember with the dog but I can't place it, it's doing my head in

in London museums and galleries are free and the National is very cheap

it's there and you won't regret diving in
I always do 😉
The coolest of the cool have their SMB username in their private plate :cool:
Chicken egg generally though
Your username had a life
Mine was made up on the spot mind

Last edited:
Doing some work on some offices in New Bond Street in the 80's I set an alarm off. Police were there in seconds and I had to explain I wasn't trying to break into an office, just drilling into a wall for a suspended ceiling. A couple of blokes came out of the office and everything was explained, they were an auction house and had valuable antiques inside. They showed me around and a little painting propped up on a desk was of some yellow sunflowers in a vase by some bloke called Van Goch. About a year later that same painting sold for a world record $40m 😱. Not by the auction house I had been in, it was taken from them because they were deemed too small to sell it. It was only little, for $40m I'd expect something bigger!

Back