Private Numberplates

Bought my new car a couple of weeks ago. Former owner thought the private plate would just transfer over to their new car so I've ended up with it. Works out canny for my name tbh so bonus

Didn't say you did , I meant You collectively .

didn’t make it clear though did you ?

The real top draw stuff will have been owned by the same families for years , that’s where the real potential profit lies.

Often or not the perceived value of the plate outweighs the value of the car it’s displayed on.

didn’t make it clear though did you ?

The real top draw stuff will have been owned by the same families for years , that’s where the real potential profit lies.

Often or not the perceived value of the plate outweighs the value of the car it’s displayed on.
You really think "but you buy them " meant you ?
Bit odd ,I don't know anything about you ,how many private plates does one person buy ?
( them ,plural )
You haven't said you had one and I wouldn't presume ,it's a very general conversation
Anyway ,let's end it , I've only 20 years to live

I made an estate agent I briefly knew an offer for his number plate on his Capri
FTM9T just after the playoffs
I didn’t have the £250 he wanted at the time
I'm haunted by a painting I couldn't afford as a student, it was just a painting of a Cortina parked by a wall with hedges

I loved it

this was before Cortinas became retro cool and it was just a strange subject for such a beautiful painting

I've tried to track it down but the painter dropped out of our circles and I can't find it

I'm haunted by a painting I couldn't afford as a student, it was just a painting of a Cortina parked by a wall with hedges

I loved it

this was before Cortinas became retro cool and it was just a strange subject for such a beautiful painting

I've tried to track it down but the painter dropped out of our circles and I can't find it
Love stuff like that but when you're brought up on cheap posters in clip frames it seems mad to pay proper money
I like this stuff

Love stuff like that but when you're brought up on cheap posters in clip frames it seems mad to pay proper money
I like this stuff
that's a bit Hockney sytlised for my taste but I get your drift

Barry's painting was a beautiful oils which was just such an odd choice for that subject and it made you think, why? why that car?

Back